Monday, October 26, 2009

This is actually a good Monday Morning.

Because I am OFF today.

For no reason at all.

An Oldgirl needs a mental day.

I am not my job.

We were at half staff last week in our group. Not a big deal, but goodness gracious, I was working my tail off, with not much progress (well, not to my satisfaction). I think by Wednesday, I was like... you know... I think I need a 3 day weekend.

So I will be behind. So what. Negroes will grumble and look at me sideways. SO the "bleep" WHAT. (My goodness I wanted to pull out my good Book of Cuss, but I will spare you).

I am not my job.

(I found that quote in my smile box yesterday. Took it out and taped it to the bathroom mirror. Those 5 little short words really free my mind).

So I am off today. And it feels good.

No real schedule today. It's all overcast and chilly outside. No skipping through the tulips today, lol.

I have a few chores to do today... and of course, I will get ready for the work week.

My friend and work cubicle mate is winding down a most fabulous 4 day birthday weekend, so we are hopefully hooking up later this afternoon to go see that Chris Rock documentary Good Hair.

But today will be mostly surround relaxation and organization. I may even get a tad bit of writing done.

My Weekend. I had a pretty nice weekend. I got up early Saturday morning, did some reading and chores. I had a book club meeting/baby shower that day, and I'd slaved away on finishing up a baby blanket all week. I washed and trimmed it on Saturday morning. (Man oh man, it was ROUGH working like a hebrew slave all day and then coming home working 3 to 4 hours on a blanket. ROUGH!).

But it was a pretty good meeting. We read my blog cousin Carleen Brice's Children of the Waters. Most everyone loved the book, and I think the average rating was an 8. (I of course loved the book and rated it at a nine).

One of our book club sistas, "Seabreeze", is expecting a baby. She and her hubby had been working hard on this for a few years, and I remember her saying last year that she thought this would be the year. I started working on the baby blanket then, making small squares, when she said that. I could feel her faith, and wanted to get in on that!

For some reason, I thought she was due in February. But she is due in December. THEN they bust up and was talking about a baby shower on 10/31. THEN they bust up and wanted to have an additional baby shower with the book club meeting.

UGH.

I had the blanket squares off in a bag, thinking I had time, so I had to really SMOKE to get that blanket done... That crochet needle was on fire, mayne. LOL.

But I got it done, and she loved it. I usually crochet at meetings, and Seabreeze has looked on with envy, lol... So I was glad to give her a baby blanket...

Don't feel like putting up pictures. I'll load them up next week...

Sunday, I had a finance group meeting. I haven't been in 2 months, and it shows. I am pandering along, but not being incredible vigilant with my finances. I plan on paying off 2 additional debts that creeped up this year by year's end, so I am going to get laser focused on that. We are going to eat this thing like we eat an elephant... one bite at a time.

Post of the Week. One of my own! A guest spot over at the House of Serenity, The Mystery of Mourning.

Someone asked me how that came about. She and I were discussing some stuff on our daily emails, and she likes to get my lame opinions on things. So she demanded that I write it up in a post. I've done this before, and posted up, but I didn't deem it appropriate for what I am doing over here for these 2 weeks so I told her to post it at her spot. So there you have it... guest spot.
I try to get that chick not to mention my name, because her followers come over here and sorry ya'll, it is NOT the same type of blog as she has... We deal with two different types of clientele, lol...

So looking forward, I want to finish up my quarterly personal assessment for the third quarter. I want to get this done this week. I think I am slow poking around because it's a little darker than I care for, but it is still me, and it all still a part of the personal effects on my life and thinking. Plus, things are already happening now that should be included in the 4th quarter posts (i've already written those posts), and I don't want to get all of that confused and fused in with this...

So... stay tuned. I, the Oldgirl, will be posting all week. And don't forget to comment if you want to be in on the book giveaways...

Lo and behold, a third book is being added to the mix...

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad your post is post of the week. I enjoyed it very much and you really articulated what alot of people have a hard time doing! LOL at the two different clientel of you and s23. I enjoy you both very much.

    Enjoy the day off!!

    Aretha

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Slowly raises hand*. I am one of Miss Serenity's readers and I like the difference just fine. I love to read blogs and this one catches my attention. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to come in here and start knocking tables over if you say this again! I don't have a clientele! I write what applies to me and some readers identify! U hear me Olamina?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @That oldgirl Serenity....

    *Lee steps out on the front porch of the House of LadyLee and jumps back.*

    "Hark! Is that a red headed chicken sitting on my front porch??"

    *Lee runs and gets broom and runs chicken off front porch*

    Shut up, Gal!!!!

    lol

    You and I have two very different clients. We are doing the hard Smurf running man over here. Ya'll are over there twisting out each other's hair... And you got them followers that will cut a sucka if they talk about Serenity!

    Serenity the Shaper! Long live SHOESEED!

    lol

    All kidding aside, i do my thang, you do yours, and I will continue to encourage you to post it all. Because I, your #1 lurker, and your "clientele" learn much from it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me LOL with that remark about us twisting each other's hair. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. @aretha...

    Glad you liked that post... I got 9 years on ya'll, i.e., i think a little differently about things, lol...We may do more of that. I might give her my touchy feely relationship stuff, lol.

    @This One Woman..

    Hark! A lurker! Put your hand down, girl! LOL

    Glad you like my blog, hon. Really glad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Serenity... See, you and the LBeezy need to be truthful with people.

    Ya'll cut ya'lls hair because ya'll want to be like me.

    Admit it. Tell the truth, chicken.

    And by the time you and Beezy finish with us, we will ALL be doing the morning twist-outs! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twist outs cannot be done in the morning! And your fingers would be too tired. As much as you crochet? Naw, just keep your hair the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:57:00 PM

    I enjoyed the post on Serenity's blog.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!