Monday, October 26, 2009

Funny Monday...

The Cowgirl Cre decided to honor my appointment to hang out for her birthday near the tail end of star-studded 4 day birthday bash of a weekend.

Well, I was around the house getting ready. I was sweeping the floor, when I heard a jiggle of a key in the front door.

*Lee stands stark still, gripping the broom in a way so that she can bust a sucka upside the head if need be. Oscar-Tyrone runs to the door*

It was my sister.

Followed by my Mother.

Apparently, no one knew I was off today.

"Hey Lisa!" my mother yelled.

I said hey back to her. (Don't worry, no attitude here. I did scream inside, though.)

She and my sista roll pretty tight lately. Not around my camp, though. No one knew I was home.
All involved were shocked.

Mother immediately started cleaning. "You know when I come over here, I clean up."

I immediately looked around and saw that much of my mail and bills were on the table. Me and my sister have had a talk about this. I fully support any relationship she has with our mother, but man, I asked her to PLEASE let me know when they are stopping through here so I can put my personal financial stuff up. I don't want her "cleaning up" and happening across my personal bizness. I shouldn't have to worry about this where I live, but Kentucky don't know how to tell nobody to sit down and relax.

Geez.

Whatever. I am proud of myself for participating in a civil convo.

Kentucky was off. She'd apparently caught some very large lip herpes simplex 10 craziness from one of her students. She thinks she picked it up from some homework he turned in. She has been staying with Ma to save me and my lowly immune system.

I sprayed Lysol on her and everything she touched all the way out the door.

lol.

Hopefully she will be alright. Until then, stay away!!

Cowgirl Cre scooped me up afterwards. We laughed about this. Then we went to see the Chris Rock Documentary, Good Hair.



Very well done. Very funny, but also makes you think. He went over to India to the actual hair weave merchants. VERY interesting. Go see it!

Then we had dinner at Boneheads over in Atlantic Station.



Good food!

Cowgirl Cre had the taco combo (1 each of fish, shrimp, and chicken), and the grilled zuchinni.



They have a nice motto.



I told Cowgirl Cre "You know, the fish sounds good. Wonder how much they will charge me for a little piece on a fork?" LOL

I didn't go out like that. I had a GREAT salad.



It was topped with grilled portabella mushrooms. I have to figure out how to do that on my stove top grill. Very nice.

I think we sat in the restaurant and talked for well over 2 hours.

We can't do that at work. Too many long ears... (Sometimes, even though we sit next to each other in the cubicle, we have to email each other). It felt good to talk freely.

A good mental day off, with all it's suprises and laughter.

Gotta do that more often.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:43:00 AM

    That salad looks mighty taste. I would have to pick the mushrooms out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Boneheads...I love that place, and yes it is somewhere that you can sit and talk forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:35:00 PM

    Oh my goodness, I understand about keeping your personal stuff private.

    Those are the kind of "friend" dates I love with good food and great conversation!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!