Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Vacation Part IV: Sun and Ocean

This post goes out to Miss Celie (Tayari Jones)...

'Cause she scratches out my head when I was ailing.

LOL!

She sent the most interesting text message before she took off for Brazil

"Bye Bye Nettie! Hold it down while I'm gone:)"

Really. I will hold it down, Celie. Whatever that means.

Celie was hanging out all over the Meditteranean last month. Now she's skipped off to South America. It looks like business though. She is lecturing down. Hope they are ready for her, because Celie know she talk fast.

I texted back for her to dip her big toe in the Amazon for me, lol...

She gave me my first pictures of good vacation water. I was so happy to replace hers with pictures of my own...

Safe travels, Celie... Don't forget to write!!!


When we first arrived at our resort, we changed out of our traveling clothes and walked around the property. We happened upon the beach...



We'd just made our way from the Cancun airport through heavy showers, so it was a bit dreary, but also very calm.


The Birthday girl, Kimmie-Kim at the beach...



The way she was looking at the water... well, I thought she was gonna dive in for a swim.

A couple of days later, we got some good sunshine down there. And it was hot, at a crazy 92 degrees...


And that made for some much better pictures. I wanted to catch a sunrise, but I was too chicken to walk down to the beach so early in the morning. I only took a couple of pictures of the sun:




Snapped quite a few pictures of the ocean.
Enjoy!







My favorite one:















4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:26:00 AM

    Those are some good pics. They are postcard ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! makes me wanna leave tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:26:00 PM

    That beach looks inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that beach is calling my name!!! So beautiful, clean and blue, blue, blue!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!