Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Good Tuesday Morning!

Oh yes!

It's a good Tuesday Morning!

Because I am still OFF!

*backflips, church shouts*

Feels good to wake up in the morning and have nowhere to go.

And then... to hear the sound of the trash truck off in the distance...

*lee jumping up, throwing on clothes and rushing to take trash to the curb*

Note to self: do ALL that the night before. GOOD GRIEF.

This is a randoms post, I suppose. Not sure. But we'll go with it.

My birthday. So I am 41 years old now. Still tripping on that. 41. Why am I so in awe? I don't know why. I think I'm just glad to see another year. I can't say that I worry much about my chronic illness, but it crosses my mind. Especially on my birthday. I've lived to see another year. And if nothing happened that year, then that in itself makes my year highly successful. That's one intangible I'm thankful for.

Not sure how much that matters. For this life... it's about as long as a whisper, a breath. I told a friend once, who was frustrated with life and spending too much time looking at the "perfect" lives of others one thing:

A person can have a perfect life: perfect health, perfect house, perfect spouse, great kids, the perfect job, nice cars, nice bank account, no issues, nothing missing, nothing broken.

Perfect life!

Then they could be walking down Peachtree Street and step the wrong way off the curb at the wrong time and be mowed down and killed by a car or truck.

Perfect life over.

Just. that. quick.

That type of things happens all the time, whether it be random shootings, some accidental as discribed above, anything. And I cringe. As I'm reminded... this life is short and you don't know when your time is up.

So yes. I'm happy for another year in my imperfect life. Grateful for it. No matter what's going on: grateful and plenty thankful.

Goodness! Food for Thought EARLY on a Tuesday morning!

My best Birthday Gift. Well, my only birthday gift. I'm not one who expects gifts. Don't give me nothing but a colgate smile and a kind word. That's like giving me jewels and yachts and sports cars! Same thing to me. Words are everything. More important than anything material for me. Really.

You have my explicit permission to slap the cheese outta me if I get to whining about gifts and lack thereof.

But my best gift came yesterday. My baby sister Kentucky called me. I wondered why she was calling. She was teaching at the time.

But I picked up the phone and said "Hello?"

And all these little voices started singing "Happy Birthday to You" over her cell speaker phone.

WOW.

They even kicked in with the "May the Good Lord Bless You" parts.

O_O

Separtion of Church and State law broken. LOL. I don't think that was planned. It was just what they sang at their own birthdays.

When they sang the "How old are you?" part.... well, they wanted to know how old I was.

I holllered "Forty-One!"

There was complete and utter silence.

Yeah, you don't tell no pre-K babies that you're "41". That is OLD to them.

A little voice said "71?"

My sister said "No, she said 41. Lee tell them what numbers make up "Forty-one".

It took me a minute to get it. The kids probably couldn't count up that far!

"A 4 and a 1" I hollered.

I could hear the little voices go "OOOOOOHHH!"

My sister said they all got busy writing a "4" and a "1" in the air with their little fingers. And I bet they are gonna go home and have a story to tell: "Mama! My teacher Ms. Kentucky's big sista is OLD! A 4 and a 1!!!"

LOL

Ohhhhh Lawd... that was just sooooo special. So very special. I still hear their little cherubic voices in my ear. That was such an amazing surprise that it brought tears to my eyes. It truly did.

That's a gift that I'll remember forever.

Other Birthday Joy. I didn't do anything yesterday but lay around and chill all day. I yacked on the phone with my BFF (we are doing something next week for my birthday), yacked on the phone with others, and just basically CHILLED. I should've been writing, but i didn't. (aww phooey). But I did a little reading, of a book I'd been meaning to read, and some of my own writing.

But yesterday, I mentioned in a post that this was a year that I'd focus on my life's purpose, as I am understanding that is where my satisfaction and provision is.

That's a profound statement for me. Meant sense. I'm more satisfied down deep when I'm doing things that involve my purposes. Not so much so when I'm doing other things.

Add to that that our special gifts make room for us, i.e., provision is there. Doors open and pathways are there. Always.

Ginae asked in the comment section what my life's purpose is. That caused a hand to my forehead, because I know I have to discuss it. I don't care to discuss personal or spiritual things here, but 100% of the time it is wholly necessary. Ya'll know if a question or request is made, I will jump a fence and answer it. It is ALWAYS more for you than for me. And you know my motto over here at the House of LadyLee:

Write like nobody's reading.

Really. And we'll stick with that format.

Interestingly enough, after praying about that some time back, and saying that yesterday on blog, two things happened.

1. Serenity and I are reading a workbook together, as is our usual thing to do these days. Yest We are on our last week of this one, and even though this is a PAINFUL workbook to work through, we both hate to see it end. I know she is will agree with me in that this one puts your face to the mirror. And I'm talking about where your whole face is smushed up aainst the mirror and your teeth are on the mirror, man. UGH. But it is good. A good gut check for the new year.

Yesterday's assignement was titled Submissive to the Lord's Assignment. It was all about purpose, with a very detailed explanation of what I said yesterday, about the whole satisfaction and provision connection. It was a really good confirmation of that statement. I needs to read it again.

And again. And again.

2. Our church celebrated it's 25th church anniversary this weekend. We had an excellent speaker, a pastor from Nigeria. I didn't go to church, but watched in on the net. Very good service. Karen Clark Sheard was there, and sang. She know she can SANG. WoW!

But back to that Pastor. We had a Women's fellowship meeing last night, on my birthday. So that was something that I wanted to do for my birthday. Go pray, and sang and hear some Word.

Got there for prayer and it was CROWDED. We were in the chapel, not the Dome, so uh... Crowded. Events on the weeknights are NEVER crowded. I actually sat in the balcony, and in all my 9 years as a member... I've never set in the balcony. It was hot, and some kid next to me could NOT be still. I couldn't even see the preacher. UGH!! I was in the middle of a row, and we were up in there TIGHT, and I couldn't leave. Thought about it after an hour of good prayer, just dashing out, but I was STUCK! And we didn't have a band! We were sanging acapella! (I rather enjoyed his though, as I bust out sanging acapella at home all the time, lol). And EVERYBODY was texting me. I mean, important, important discussion type texts. WOW.

And did I mention it was HOT!? I needed my Obama church fan!!! BAD!

And I couldn't leave, man. Couldn't leave.

Good thing I couldn't leave.

It was an intense discussion on a woman's purpose. And quite interesting take on it from an African woman's point of view. Never heard anything quite like that before. She had a clipped accent, but my oh my, just the intensity of her tone... she meant what she said, and she said what she meant!

So. Uh. Good birthday. HIGHLY intangible birthday.

Uh, won't be forgetting this one. Nerp! No sir!

Yeah mon. Really though.

I feel might special... God thought so much of me on my birthday that He hooked up a few activites JUST to confirm something that He placed in my spirit in the first place.

Just to let me know what I said is the bizness. Just wanted to stamp it as... true.

That's a gift. Can't put no price on THAT, can you.

Hmmm. Now, between that, and the babies sanging "Happy Birthday to You!" to me on my 41st Birthday??

I feel mighty special. Special indeed.

*lee cheesing hard like Celie and hugging self tight*

Whelp! Day 2 of this 30 day birthday celebration awaits your friendly neighborhood Original Oldgirl!

This will be a writing day. I also have a few chores to do around the Palace. I also have a bit of planning to do. I need to plan a shopping trip *grimace*. I think I can get ALL I need for my cruise for less than 100 bucks. So I feel okay about that. I won't be breaking the bank or anything. I need to get a little crocheting done. Tomorrows a big day: tag, emmissions, oil change, shopping, etc...

You all have a great Tuesday!

On purpose!

5 comments:

  1. I am still over here shaking from laughing so hard. In their eyes, they probably think 41=71. Bless their hearts. I'm soooo glad to hear that an amazing woman had an amazing bday! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mzinspired Chicken.... OH it was a great birthday. Loved the unexpected stuff! I loved-ed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw..that story about the chillins singing to you was adorable! would of made my day too! i'm so glad you had such a blessed birthday!

    and although I truly would love to know what you feel your purpose it, please don't feel like you have to share it on your blog or anything. you will soon find out that i'm a bit inquisitive about everything and anything. but i also respect people's right to privacy. so carry on OG...imma come and read this here blog regardless because i know you have plenty of good things to say everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww those babies singing to you warms my heart...I just love the little ones. My younger sis always has her three call on my birthday and sing AND shout as well :)...just makes my day as I know a classroom of 5 year angels made your day. This had to have been priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFLOL!!!! I bet they sounded sooooo cute! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!