Friday, February 11, 2011

TGIF!!!!

TGIF, boys and girls.

Of course, this means nothing to me, as I continue to be OFF!!

*backflips, cartwheels, and splits*

And ya'll... Well, ya'll gotta go to work!

*Morris Day cackles*

Just playing! Calm down. lol

I am getting up, getting ready to go to another morning bible study. I LOVE this. More detailed, and just a great way to start off my day! Would love to attend a couple times a week, every single week. Really.

So I don't have much time. Gotta get up and go, but I wanted to post something today. I may post something later this afternoon.

Video of the week. One of my top 10 favorite songs... Soul II Soul's "Keep on Movin'"



I love that song. I remember when it came out. I was shocked that there were black folks over in London. (I was young, alright?).

Yet I am happy for one of the few positive songs out there that have remained timeless. This is definitely one of them.

Quotes for the Weekend. Consciousskillz, the twitter philosopher, kicks out a good 20 or 30 quotes a day... Here are some good ones.

There is no one worth sacrificing your dignity or integrity for. To even consider doing it says alot about you.

Your present condition is part of the journey, not the destination. Keep it moving.

Taking personal responsibility for my actions negates any attempt I may have for blaming anything or anyone outside of myself.

If I don't learn the lesson the first time, then it will repeat itself insidiously until I do.

Circumstances look to chip away at your peace.

Never be surprised at the lengths people will go to stand in the way of your progress.

And finally...

The journey to loving self is three fold expedition. Mental, physical and spiritual. Take the trip, its worth it.

Those are all very good. Very good indeed.

That last one, that's a lifetime, day by day process... for the rest of our lives, isn't it?

Really though.

Well, I'm outtie. Bible study, Wal-mart, car emissions, car tag, Lowes, best-buy... and on and on and on...

Have a GREAT weekend... on purpose!!!

4 comments:

  1. Next time he tweets, rt it so I can follow him. I can't find him lol.

    I'm off too!!! LOL I'm off as SOON as the kids go to school. Well not really but kinda lol.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quotes...hmmm, I think I'll be boworring a few of these for fb statuses.

    Happy Friday you lucky lady! A whole month off..I'm still excited for you on that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The journey to loving self is three fold expedition. Mental, physical and spiritual. Take the trip, its worth it."

    This was the one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every last one of those quotes spoke to me. I think I'm gonna post them on my bathroom mirror,

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!