Friday, April 20, 2012

Little Milk and Cookies

I was cleaning out a box the other day. I came across this photo:
It is my brother, a young Milk and Cookies circa 1997.

This picture was taken at LadyTee's apartment. I made him stand up against the closet door and smile. That was a funny evening. We use to mess with him something awful.

That night LadyTee made him take out the trash. The problem was that the dumpster was very far away.

 And it was pitch black dark that night.

"But it's dark outside!"

You could see the fear in his eyes.

"That's alright, just take the trash out, boy," LadyTee said.

"Shoot. Man!" he whined in his high pitched voice.

"Yeah, take out the trash," I added. "If we don't hear from you in 15 minutes, we'll come out there and look for you."

He was not pleased. His usual reply was "Women! I swear!"

LOL.

  I miss the old Milk and Cookies. He is a grown army man now, with kids of his own.

I was talking on the phone to him a few weeks ago and I was thinking "Goodness. He got a lot of bass in his voice now. He sounds like he's somebody's Daddy."

Which he is.

I miss the little boy. I wish I could get those days back, if only for a moment. If only for a moment.

1 comment:

  1. awwwwwwww look at little milk and cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!