Monday, April 23, 2012

Presenting Your Republican Nominee for President

There you have it...



Your Republican nominee for president... Mitt Romney.

*ladylee stops watching CNN, MSNBC, and FOX news commentary suddenly*

I'm really not fond of this guy. The republicans are not particularly fond of him either.

I've said it before, and I'm trying to tell you... if he is on stage and his arm falls off and there are a bunch of wires dangling around, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

He doesn't seem the least bit real. I can't relate to him at all.

Although there was much attention thrown his way when a political analyst said his wife had never worked a day in her life.

Now listening to that comment, I knew what the comment meant: that this woman had never worked a day in her life outside the home.

No she hasn't.

My first thought was, uh, isn't she Mormon? I've only known one Mormon, and his wife didn't work. I wanted to sit down and talk to him about his faith, but decided against it. I wasn't as bold as I am now some 20 years ago.

Then my second thought was... Uh, aren't you all, like, filthy rich? Did you have a staff of nannies and nurses to help you?

We'll never know the answer to that. These are some tight lipped private people...

And at the same time, maintaining privacy and running for president... uh, I'm not sure that's a good combination. Folks are apt to think all kinds of things.

His wife did say something in an interview when asked about this. Something to the affect that she never had to worry about financial security.

Bingo.Some of the mothers whose opinion I asked about this were saying she had the finances and staff.

But does that discount that she wasn't a great mother to her children?

No. She was a mother and raised five children.

I'm not sure she should be trying to relate to a mother who is sitting down robbing Peter to pay Paul, and trying to find the money to feed and clothe her children. She could relate to a mother who is raising kids and at the same time fighting serious illness.

Better work that angle. And work it hard.

We all have our stories. Single mother, a mother who can stay at home... there are so many different types of mothers. All have their own assignment to raise their kids. Some have done it with limitless finances, tight finances, a husband in the home, no husband in the home.

They are still mothers. From any and every walk of life, with their own specific stories. And that is how I will look at.

So as we drag through this campaign season, we have to deal with the Romneys struggling to relate to common everyday people, who don't happen to be members of the elite 1%.

It's the reason I loathe the campaign season... It's just people saying what they think you want to hear to get your vote... I can't stand the whole pimp game.

I already know who I'm voting for.

I'm just glad that in 7 months, this game, uh, I mean this campaign, will all be over.

3 comments:

  1. My name is BluJewel and I endorse this message. I also nominate and vote for LadyLee as Speaker of the Blog Campaign.

    Humour aside; you've raised a valid point; how the heck can either of them actually relate to the nations majority? Sad reiteration is how can many of the politrickers relate to most of us? They talk the talk, but can't back it up. They want to say they can make this or that better and speak with their God complexes and all too often, we're drawn into the rhetoric without really questioning or challenging them. Why? Because we want so desperately to believe that they can and will evoke some change, but at the end of the day, they're all still human and don't have the clout to actually do what they say.

    We live in some depressing economic times and the US is no longer the power force is porports to be. The Middle East is still pulling many strings and we're still reliant on them or others for so much of what we could or should be trying to do right here.

    Girl, let me get off this soap box I'm on and get back to work. Great post and again, I cosign and endorse it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last 4 years went by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree!! There is no surprise that the Buffett bill did not pass. Bc that would have resulted in increasing taxes on most of the people in Washington.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!