Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Indeed!

It is Friday!

Friday indeed!

And I, the Oldgirl, am ready for the weekend. It can't get here soon enough.

This has been a strange week. First of all, my cubicle mate, The CowgirlCre, has been coming down with something. Now, I don't know if it was a cold or the flu. Whatever it was, I was not trying to catch it. So she has been off for the past couple of days. Yesterday I thought I had caught whatever she had, because I was all congested.

And I was ready to hunt her down and whoop her tail. Really. This Oldgirl don't want NO parts of a doggone cold or flu.

But alas, I feel better today. No cold.

And CowgirlCre saved herself from a serious beat down.

Really though.

Anyway, someone put up a Christmas tree in the cubicle area.



OH JOY!

JOY to the WORLD!

Quite pretty, it is.

However, some horrid drama has creeped up concerning the "Christmas Party." The cubicle area has been a bit volatile and aflame. Uh... CowgirlCre...Let me just say, uh... BE GLAD YOU AREN'T HERE FOR THE RATCHETNESS. Hit me up on text, phone, or twitter. You wouldn't believe the wonderful things that are going on in your absence!

I am suppose to bring a "cheese tray", whatever that is. Nevermind that I won't be attending. I will bring my little cheese tray from the grocery store down the road. Don't wanna hear no mess, or I will take said cheese tray and give it to one of the homeless folks out on the street. Maybe he or she will appreciate it, eh?

Hmm...

Anyway, something completely random. I was at the Whole Foods down the street from my job, getting my $0.39 water refills, when I came across a 3 pound beet.



You probably can't tell how big it is, but it is HUGE. I am not sure why anyone would buy such a large beet. How on earth would you cook that.?

I'm not a big fan of beets. I immediately put that one down.

This is going to be a chill-out-in-the-house type of weekend for me. Aunt Flo is here (another reason why I don't need a cold right now. I would REALLY have to hunt CowgirlCre down and slap her repeatedly if that was the case), and I need to be still. I have a lot of stuff to do around the house, too. I like to throw out junk at the end of the year.  You know the whole, out with the old, in with the new thing. Yeah, that.

I am trying to plan my Christmas dinner. Kentucky wants me to fry chicken. I found some fresh pasture chicken from a local farm. Expensive as hell, but I'm gonna get some of that. I think I will have some baked sweet potatoes, squash and green beans with that. She better protest, or forever hold her peace. She knows how I am about my veggies! And I don't want to cook anything involving creams, butter and/or gravy. We will see how that goes.

Are you ready for Christmas? I still have some shopping to do. ALL of my shopping can be done at the Wal-mart in the span of an hour. So that will have to do.

I've cut a deal with the boss that I can work a handful of half-days instead of having to take off full days from work. Honestly, I don't want to take off, but the half days deal leaves me lots of leeway to do what I need to do, and not lose a lot of time. I plan on taking a few days off for my birthday or sometime early in the year.

Overall, it's been a pretty good week. I hope it has been a good week for you also.

Have a good weekend... on purpose!

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm done with my shopping. I don't know anymore. No one in my house seems to really know what they want. I'm also trying to take a bunch of half days between Christmas and New Year's. I just need some time to rest and not have to think about anything. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a BIG OLE BEET! WOW

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!