Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Monday Morning... The Christmas Eve Edition

Happy Monday Morning!

And yes indeed... it is a Happy Monday Morning.  Why? Because I have today OFF.

Now I wasn't suppose to be off today. I was going to work half a day. But my beloved president issued an Executive Order to give us Christmas Eve off!

GLORY!

Thank YOU, Mr. President! Good looking out, sir!

And my Director at work talking about he don't know what the executive order means. Dude, I can show you better than I can tell you. You won't be seeing an oldgirl at work today. And I printed out the email so I can staple it to my next time card, sir. Humph.

So, it felt good to just get up this morning and have nothing to do. I could just lay in the bed and watch TV or get up and walk around. Whatever! Didn't have to go to work!

I actually woke up around 6 and spent some time praying and crocheting. I read the book of James in the bible. Thought a little about that. Probably gonna read it again tonight some time, so I can take some notes on a few verses that are sticking with me.

I talked to my best friend LadyTee for about an hour this morning. And Oscar-Tyrone is staring at me in a most surly way, wondering why I am perched on the sofa.

I'm glad I don't have to leave. Because it is raining cats and dogs and frogs all day.

I need to go get a final gift- a gas card for my sister Kentucky. But that's not going to happen if it keep raining like this.

I did all my Christmas shopping yesterday morning at the Wal-mart. (I have a $100 budget. I don't even think I spent that much). I got out super early, around 7:30 in the morning. No one was out around that time. But by the time I was coming out of the Whole Foods with my Christmas dinner purchases, it was getting PACKED out there. That was around 10:00 in the morning. Ugh.

Speaking of Christmas dinner, my sister wants fried chicken. Not sure why she can't fry her own chicken, but whatever. I will fry her chicken. I've been eyeing some pasture raised chicken for a minute, and I bought a few pieces to bake. So as long as she take it all home, we're alll good.

Now, I'm not focused on the chicken. I plan on making a bunch of vegetables. These will be my vegetables for the week. And I'm not sure how Kentucky feels about this. If she wants some cheesy or gravy laden dish, she better bring it herself.

So, along with our chicken, we are having field peas and snaps, swiss chard, green beans with potates, tomates/okra/corn, spinach/orzo, and spicy collard greens, brussel sprouts, baked sweet potatoes, and hot water cornbread cooked atop the stove.

That's gonna be GOOD. I have some shredded cheese in the fridge.  If Kentucky wants to sprinkle that on everything, have at it. LOL

But we plan to spend a day hanging out at my house, just chilling.

I don't plan on going anywhere today. I might leave to take some cookies over to Tayari's mama and nem house later on, but I gotta catch up with her. I talked to her yesterday, so I know she's out running the streets pretty hard.

But this will be a day of rest and relaxation. I don't do the frantic-running-around-gotta-get-the-last-minute-Christmas-gift thing. Done with that.

Song of the Week.  I need to post a song. Hard to think of something, but this is one that I love and is on heavy rotation in the car!



Have a good Christmas Eve! On Purpose.

2 comments:

  1. That menu sounds divine! Yum!

    Merry Christmas, Doc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where did you find the pasture raised chicken? I thought about getting some before I moved, but didn't look seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!