Monday, June 03, 2013

Congratulations Baby Bandit Ced!

Congratulations to my friend the Green-Eyed Bandit's baby, I mean "Man-Child" as she likes to call him on his graduatation from High School!



Congratulations Baby Bandit!!!

He had shoulder surgery. And I ran up punching him in the busted shoulder. I am surprised his Mama didn't tackle me to the ground!

He had an insane graduation party.

I was on that CP (colored peoples) time... I was 3 hours late to his party!

Why? Because I was at home baking cookies.


This was a requirement, as it is his favorite type of cookie.

I was also making his cards.



(I am sorry. That's the best I could do. I have very few stickers for guys. I have PLENTY of flowers, and girly stickers. I don't think he would've appreciated that at all.)

I should've gotten up at 6 in the morning to get all that out of the way. But I didn't.

It took me a whole hour to get out the their house, which is way out PAST the southern suburbs.

I was doing good until I ran up on a car wreck... one exit before my exit. It took me 30 minutes to go 2 miles.

Wow.

By the time I got to the party, I was shell shocked. All I could do was sit down in a corner and breath and calm down. Once I got my self together, I had a good time.

I didn't get any time with the man-child of the hour. But that's okay. He was playing cards. I watched some of the game. There was no money on the table. And you know me... I only play poker, and I play for money. So it was time for me to go.

He had a great cake!


I didn't get any of that. But I did get some of his Grandma's good home cooking. I was too late to take pictures, but she barbequed some ribs, burgers, hot dogs... she made fried chicken and some baked chicken... Collard greens, cabbage, macaroni and cheese, baked beans, potato salad, and a whole lot of other food.

I fixed myself TWO to-go plates. I located some aluminum foil, wrapped those plates up and I was gone from there!

LOL

I am happy for Baby Bandit. I always pick on him, because he is 6'2" tall now and has a voice as deep as Barry White's. I know he rolls his eyes when I call and he answer's his Mama's cell phone

"Hello? A deep voice says.
"Hello? Who is this?" hollers LadyLee.
"It's me, Ms. LadyLee."
"Boy! You sound like somebody daddy, like you got 4 or 5 kids. Put yo' Mama on the phone!"

LOL!

I miss the little boy he once was, the little boy with the high pitched voice.

Who is this grown man I have to look up to??  Sigh.

I don't mind looking up to you, Baby Bandit! You are alright with me!

Congrats dude!

Off to College you goooooo!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. LOL @ Two to-go plates lol. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know Ced had a plan. He wanted Auntie Monique on the grill (ribs, burgers and dogs), Nana's fried chicken and greens, Grandma's cooking, Auntie Tierra's mac and cheese, Ms. Lee's cookies, Auntie Rae Rae brownies. Nana added cabbage and banana pudding. Grandma made the potatoe salad and bake beans.

    I really appreciate you celebrating this milestone with us. It takes a village and I have a strong one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Banana pudding? Where was that? Your mama fetched me a mixing bowl of potato salad from some other fridge located somewhere in the house. But where was the banana pudding!??

      Ma... those collard greens and those cabbages. Your Mama put every piece of fatback in the planet in those. But they sho nuff were good. Almost wanted to drive back out there for another plate!

      I had a good time, even though I came through 3 hours late. I am proud of Ced. I still miss the little boy. This man with the Barry white voice... I don't recognize! And that's alright! I am soooo proud of him!

      Delete
  3. LOL! Nana made the banana pudding, collards, and cabbage. It was probably in the frig in the kitchen. I need to condense my frig so I can cut off the one in the garage

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!