Wednesday, June 05, 2013

EXCITEMENT on the Day Job


There was some excitement today at work.

We have been quite slow at work. So an email came out that stated that a film was being shot outside, and there would be some slight delays in traffic.

Hmmm... Didn't really care. They shoot movies on my block and on my route to and from work. For some reason, the ATL is becoming movie central. No biggie.

Well, they were right outside the building today. Usually they are down the block somewhere.

And everyone was nosey. I got nosey too.

And I went outside and took some pictures.



One of my coworkers "Shawn" was all up in the director's tent hugging folk and laughing... She is a very friendly lady, she is.

So I went over there with her, too.

EXCITEMENT!!

They let us look at the director's playback screen!



I saw the director and the screenwriter!



And I talked to the costume director and the script editor!


EXCITEMENT!!!

Convo with the costume director:

"What movies have you worked on?" Shawn asked.
"A lot," the costume director said.
Hmm... I don't think she wanted to talk to us.
"That's cool. Maybe someday you will win an Oscar," I said.
"No, I don't think so," the costume director said.

Shawn and I looked at each other. What kind of answer of that.

My answer woulda been, "AMEN! I receive that! Yes I will. Yes yes ya'll! And you don't stop!" *high rockette kicks*

Be a positive chicken. Dang!

Hmm... Maybe it was just too hot for her outside. Someone bought her some sunscreen. She smoothed some on. Maybe she felt a little better and would have a better answer later on for us.

Look at that big camera and that fake cop car!


Look at all those workers and film people.

No wonder it cost so much to make movies!

I was out there for a good hour. They were doing rehearsals. No actors as of yet. I think once they blocked al their shots, they brought the actors in. It was too hot for all that. I wanted to see And.y Ga.rcia, but not in all this heat.

Oh well.

The Boss said I had to put in a leave slip. Yeah, I told her... I'll do that as soon as all the other employees outside put in a leave slip. Don't hold your breath, honey!!

LOL!!!

I won't say what movie they are shooting. I don't want anyone running to my blog when googling the name. Temptation was shot on the block last year. And some Mo.rgan Fre.eman movie a few months ago.

EXCITEMENT.

That was a lot of fun. And a good break from the slow pace of work right now. Maybe I will catch the next film that comes along.

2 comments:

  1. lol at the boss trying to tell you to fill out a leave sheet and your reply...

    We get a lot of filming of movies here in Austin too and since I work downtown they also do movies close to my work place as well. There's always some celebrity spotting that a co worker is running back to the office talking about. And they love to go in our Wholefoods that is downtown as well. How come I ain't never seen no celebrity as many years as I've worked downtown....hmph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movie making is exciting stuff. I hear that it's cheaper to make films in Atlanta that's why it's turning into the new Mecca Film World

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!