Monday, June 17, 2013

CONVERSATIONS WEEK

Alright now...

Especially you inhabitants of lurk city... the ones who like to hang out on the front porch of the House of LadyLee and not say a word.

This week is a food-for-thought week, for the most part.

I wanted to have a week of only food-for-thought, but that's not going to happen. I have TOO many posts, some of which aren't related to powerful or disturbing conversations I've had lately. I don't want to wait to post that stuff, so I will spread it out until the end of the month - June 30th.

I've even had 2 powerful conversations this morning, both of which have me O_O. So I know I will have a LOT of stuff to post.

Now, here's the good news for you, dear reader...

We're kicking out a "Lurk City Sweepstakes" here at the House of LadyLee:

I'm giving away 2 giftcards:

One for $75.

Another for $25.

Why? Because ya'll some lurkers. And that's alright. I'm not a comment whore or anything.

I just figure that if you take TIME out of your day to read, well, you might as well get rewarded for it.

Yes you take TIME to read. And you can't get your TIME back.

TIME is everything.

So I like to do giveaways sometimes.

Details: the person with the highest number of comments gets the $25 gift card. The $75 gift card will be from a drawing.

I don't do my own drawings. I have hired someone to do my drawings. And he's been doing them for the past couple of years.

My coworker, the good Lieutennant Commander By. He is legit and he is better than the firms that the Oscars and all those other award shows use.




Yes, he is a military man, under the command of the Sur.geon General, highly trained in the art of logistics, public health, undercover forensics, and hand-to-hand combat. If an alien drops down from outerspace and walk up in this building, I'm gonna stand behind him. He will take the sucker out.  Then he will proceed to steal and process that sucker's spaceship.

*alien stomps down the hall screaming GRRRRHHHHHHHH RAAHHHH and spitting hard*

"LadyLee, hand me my grenades and my flame thrower!!!"

*ladylee handing the Lt. Comm By his weapons of choice*

Yes indeed. He is better than Rambo could ever hope to be.

And of course, he takes this part time job of pulling names from a cup very seriously. His wife makes sure his nails are cleaned and his hands are well lotioned.

Because she know us sistas can't stand no ashy rusty-tailed negro.

No indeed.

So he will pull names and do the bootleg certification (write the prize on the back of the pulled nams).

If you win, your gift card can be from anywhere you choose. Most choose Wal-mart or Target. If you're a freak, you can choose that Fredrick's of Hollywood. Whatever you like. I don't judge you for being the freak of the week. No ma'am.

Now if you're a druggie or a J (junkie), I won't be sending you cash. And I don't think the dealers in my hood give out gift cards. You have to work that out on your own. Perhaps you can win the Wal-mart card and then buy something and sell it.

Several people have won big ticket gift cards here at the House of LadyLee... Sasha, Southern Black Gal, Chele... and a few more of ya'll. So I'm legit.

You can comment here (which is preferred), hit up my email (gmail, gub'ment, whatever), or send me a text message (as some of you who have my cell number prefer to do). Makes no difference. Just comment in some way or fashion to win.

Alright. Those are the rules.

Old readers understand the rules all too well...

New readers better figure it out and work it out if they can!

Any which way, get in where you fit in, honey child!

Stay tuned for Conversations week.

24 comments:

  1. As I was taking notes in church yesterday, I thought about you. I will send them as soon as I type them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love a good church note, Bandit. Send them to me! We can discuss!

      Delete
  2. *dusting off my typing fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm a 'lurker'. Make a comment or two, but other than that, continues to hide in shadows and peep through the blinds on occasion. Ok, I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ robin... You can continue lurking. I have a lot of folks who don't comment, but like to email and text. I just need to flush you all out sometimes, so I can show my appreciation!

      And if you are reading, you might as well go for the prizes! *throws glitter*

      Delete
  4. There is nothing worse than an ashy black man. Mrs. By knows this. She makes sure he is moisturized before he walks out the door.

    Nothing wrong with being a lurker. Just trying to flush ya''ll out from time to time. And I need to sow some seed. That's all.

    Besides... me and you text from time to time. Those are good convos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a lurker. Just part of your oldgals' club. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know hon... And you know the drill. Get that money.

      Delete
  6. Oh yeah I'm about to win me a little extra change, some easy paper, some chips, skrilla, Green, bank notes, a little spending money, some moolah baby!!! Yep Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too know the drill... Glad to see you Moe or Top Chicken Security! LOL

      Delete
  7. Yep, those coins would do me good. Hmmm what do I want to buy w/ my winnings? #claimingit LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, honey! Plan it. Maybe the godd Lt. Commander will pull your name from the cup!

      Delete
  8. I don't know if I'm allowed to enter this drawing again. I must say to all Ladylee is LEGIT with the gift card. Praise God, I received my gift just when I needed it.

    P.S. I love the comment about getting a gift card at Fredericks. You freaks! HAHAHHAHAHAH! I was cracking up when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you may, Sasha. I don't do sweepstakes enough for there to be those types of "wait 30 days" rules.

      We're not balling like that, Ma. Not yet anyway!

      Delete
  9. Well darn it, let me get in this drawing! I could use that for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on in the House of LadyLee, Bayou Creole Chick!! Better odds than the lotto!!! Get that money!

      Delete
  10. Alright ladies step back...THE CHAMP IS HERE! Heehee. I can definitely use this for my new classroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really though.

      And remember, if you need to talk to my sister for classroom advice, give her a call. She is VERY helpful.

      Delete
  11. And I turned on my computer for the first time in about a week. Only for you Lee...only for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I come back from vacay and you are doing a sweepstakes and lurkers have to come out. Well, I am out for a little bit. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cashana, you've been lurking for YEARS and you never win anything. I hope the Good Lt. Commander By pulls your name out of the cup :)

      Delete
  13. I don't know if I'm considered a lurker or not but I'm dusting off my keyboard and waving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not a lurker, honey. And you can still compete! Good luck!

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!