Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday Afternoon Rambles.

Good Monday Afternoon...

Bleeeeeeehhhh...

This is how I feel:

I feel like Oscar-Tyrone. He looks surly there, as usual.  Yet he looks overly irritated.

My ears are shooting back like his are, too.

And he looks like if I try to pet him, he will scratch the cheese outta me.

I feel blah because it is rainy and dreary here in the ATL.

I tell you! I don't think I've ever seen this much water fall from the sky! Why!

There have been some nights when I've gottne home and just hollered "Thank you Lord for watering the Earth! Thought I was gonna have to break out some oars and paddle all the way home!"

LOL

Thank goodness I haven't had to do that. I have had to change my routes home. I know all the flash flood zones. There have been a couple of times over the years where I have let my window down and said to the motorist in the next lane "I'll go if you go!" 

I don't want to be doing that again. I'm getting older and it just wrecks my nerves. Goodness.

This weekend. It was a quiet weekend. And It was a 3 day weekend. I didn't feel particulary well, and Aunt Flo showed up. I'm like the women in the Old testament: throw me in a tent on the edge of town and leave me alone.

The only reason I left the house was to attend my Triple F (Financial Freedom Fighters) meeting. That is always worth a trip over to the 'hood, Bankhead Avenue. I won't post about it, as it was basically a recap of the last meeting and our overall progress.

I learned one thing I didn't know: the utilitiy and insurance companies don't use your credit score. They use utility scores and insurance scores. In other words, they have their own scoring system. So you could have great credit scores, but your utility/insurance scores could be jacked up.

That's not fair! Humph.

But it was nice to see everyone, and it is always good to have a good 2 hour discussion about our financial trials, tribulations and triumphs. I enjoy being able to be honest about things without judgment. I wish all of life was like that. 

Crochet.  Looka here! I am almost finished with Mrs. A's second baby blanket.

I'm about to block in two rows or white in green like the bottom of the blanket and I am done! 

That's gonna take about 4 hours. I can finish that up this week.... or even tonight.

Mrs. A said she doesn't want to know the sex of the twins.

Humph. *throws pebbles at Mrs. A*

Look here, Mama! Give the doctor my telephone number so he can call me! I am not a big fan of neutral sex blankets. I want to make another, but I don't know what color to make it.  I guess I will just make another one like the first one.

Sigh. That's what's called a high class problem.

Maybe I will make a yellow one.

The babies might have to be like my brother Milk and Cookies was at one time, since he showed up out the blue: He was laying in his cradle with pink outfits on. He didn't know the difference and we were just around the house anyway.

It was kind of odd staring down into the crib with him laying there on his back staring back at me.... with that pink jogging suit on, with the big yellow daisy on the front of the shirt. I look at him now and just laugh and laugh and laugh.

"Whatchu laughing about, girl?" he says in his deep voice.
"Nothing!" I holler back, as I look up at him.... and laugh some more. LOL

*snicker,snicker*

Song of the Week. You know I STILL love some Jill Scott...



That is the song "Comes to Light"Hmmm.... Jill is having a serious guilt trip in that song. And she got caught doing some wrong. She either had an affair with Kelly Price man, or she shot somebody.

She feeling mighty bad about... something.

Hahaha!!

Expect a full week of posts from me, ya'll!!

Have a good week, by design... and on purpose.

2 comments:

  1. OSCAR TYRONE!!!!
    The blanket looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blanket! Sorry we don't want to know...there has to be some element of surprise in this journey, right? Lol. I love the idea of a yellow blanket, too!

    I laughed out loud about your brother. Really? Pink outfits. He was a surprise for real.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!