Tuesday, September 03, 2013

LadyLee Holiday Report


Alright, ya'll... The holiday is over.

Get back to work. RIGHT NOW.

I am trying to get ANOTHER day off. I sent a text message to the Excellent Boss, but she hasn't answered. It is 10 o'clock, and I am still perched on the sofa. Uh... maybe I should go on in at noon. We will see.

I think YA'LL should go to work. Not I.

I hope you had a good holiday weekend. Mine was what it was. I needed to get my meds right, and now I am all good, I suppose. I hate when I get caught slipping like that. I don't realize that I am feeling a bit off until way after the fact. Not a good thing.

My weekend was alright. It started off well. Me and my sister had dinner at the local noodle house. It was quite tasty! Here's my dinner that evening.

Scezhaun vegetables and rice. That was GOOD! Not spicy enough, but it was still good.

I woke up early Saturday morning and took Lucy Junior to the car wash. I have had that car since April, and I haven't had it washed. I don't do the "every two week" car wash thing. That is expensive. I wait as long as I can. I noticed she was a tad bit dusty. So off to the car wash for a good wash and a good hand wax!


Lucy Jr. is now squeaky squeaky clean. She sparkles brightly in the sunlight! And the insides are all vacuumed out. All I gotta do now is spray some smell goods inside and she'll be ready!!

I ran a few errands on Saturday. I would've liked to have gone to the movies, but that was a no go. I attempted to find some yellow baby yarn, but that didn't work out. Note to self: when I see the yarn I want, buy it immediately! Don't even dare think of coming back and getting it. That's not gonna happen. Snatch it up when I see it. *end of talk with self*

Anyway, Sunday I hung out with Grandma. And Uncle Tweet barbequed, since his kids were coming over the next day.

That looks mighty tasty. Not sure why he didn't baste it with a little sauce. There was a bunch of chicken under the ribs. Auntie was on me about having some. I was whining. Lord knows I don't want no barbeque. But then she said she had a salad in the kitchen.

*LadyLee running for the kitchen*

Yes, yes, yes... That's how you get my attention. Throw a salad in a bowl.


That was a good looking salad. I'm not a fan of iceberg lettuce, but I tore that up. Good stuff.

I hung out with Grandma and Auntie for a few hours. Auntie is leaving to go back home for a couple of weeks. One of the reasons I wanted to be off today, or at least to work reduced hours, is so that I can go and check on Grandma. My Uncle Tweet is there, and they have gone over her meds and everything. But I can at least go by and spend some my lunch time with her, and some time after work, just to see if she is doing okay by herself.

My other goal for the weekend was to spend a little time with my father. And I hung out with him yesterday for about an hour. It seems to do him well. I am still examining my thoughts and feelings about all that. I feel a bit neutral about it, and far as I am concerned, that's a good thing. He looks a lot better and seems to be more talkative. I brought my crochet with me this this, and so the time passed faster.

He smokes cigarettes and so I smelled of smoke. And my yarn smelled of smoke.

*crickets*

Hence, no more crocheting around him. I will just go over and watch those cowboy movies with him.

I will collect my thoughts and write a little about that later this week.

I need a song of the day... And there's nothing like some Jill Scott! Here is "Free"...




I have TOO many things to post this week. Toooo many. If it wasn't a shame, I'd do two posts per day. But that's too much. I think I will save some of the posts for when I don't feel like How about I just work on one per day. On purpose.

The text message came back allowing me to take the day off. Wooo-hooo!

So I will really have a good day! On purpose!

2 comments:

  1. That is a good looking salad. I clicked on it to make it larger so that I could see what was in it.

    I think neutral is a good feeling to have about your father. And there are probably some good feelings in your subconscious that you don't realize you have. Maybe you could take a notebook and write while he watches westerns? My dad is older than yours and he watches the inspiration channel for the western or baseball, both very boring to me. I read or play on my tab when I spend time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel you on those meds my friend. same here when i'm off.... i don't usually know until i'm hemmed and on my way to the hospital, lol! but i've been doing really good - almost like you!

    so you better stay on top of it 'gal!

    ptb

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!