Friday, September 06, 2013

Friday Freestyles

Good Friday Afternoon...

How ya'll rolling? Are you ready for the weekend?

I know I am. I have a lot going on. I don't care for that, but oh well. My gutters get cleaned first thing in the morning. I might get out there and take pictures of them doing that.

"You'll be asking the gutter cleaners 'Would ya'll like a glass of water?" my cubicle mate Cowgirl Cre said.

"No I won't. They better knock 5 dollars off that price," I said. "And I'll serve a full breakfast if they knock off half the price."

LOL. We know that's not going to happen. I hope I'm at least awake. That shouldn't be a problem.

I have a Triple F (Financial Freedom Fighters) posse meeting tomorrow. I don't have much to contribute to the discussion. I may whine about my medical bills. But that's about it.

I have visits with my grandmother and my father, I think. I'll see how that goes down.

This has been a pretty good week for a change. I think the big difference is that I had no doctors appointments, and class is over. So I'm not doing a bunch of driving. Thank goodness for that. But over all, it's been a normal week.

And I don't have much to say. More food-for-thought than anything. But I've held out on that all week. I've kept it smurfy. So I'll continue in the smurfiness.

Snack of the Week. Check out what I found!


I came across that at a juice and smoothie bar near my father's house.

I have always been a bit iffy when it comes to dehydrated kale. It MUST be seasoned up to kill that nasty kale bitter taste. So I've had some with curry and sesame seeds and stuff like that. And it has always been too dry. Dropping the bag on the floor leads to straight crushed powdered kale. Sigh

But this is just right... sweet, but not too sweet. The honey is offset by the lemon. And that's all good.


It is slightly chewy, and seasoned with honey and lemon. Good stuff. I wish I could figure out how to make it at home. I have a dehydrator setting on my stove. I might have to try it. I am sure I can get it right after a few disastrous tries.

My boss tried a piece. Me and Cre keep bottled water under our cubicle. That chick grabbed that water so fast. I didn't know if she was reaching for water or "dropping it like it's hot" like in the club. It was funny! (Yes, you had to be there.)

Picture of the Week. This week's picture comes via the youngster in our group. my coworker Supersonic Sushi.


She was handing me some paperwork to sign, and I saw that on her wrist.

"When you get that?" I asked.

"I got that hook-up last week! This is tattoo #5."

We always wonder where the rest of them are. There's another on her wrist, but no telling where the others are. And I've kindly asked her NOT to drop her pants. We don't want to see nothing THAT bad. Now if she was a dude... uh yeah. But she's a female. We don't wanna know. We'll just be happy with the ones on her wrist.

"How much it cost?"

"Ten dollars!"

O_O

She was ecstatic about that. I imagined her back in some dark dank room with some skeezy guy with a dirty needle.

"Was it clean!?"

"Yes! I got the hook up!"

There was more back and forth about all of this. I questioned her thoroughly. Sushi has to be in her late 20s, but she looks like she is 12... so I treat her like that. LOL

I told her I want "Original" up one arm and "Oldgirl" down the other. She was not pleased.

I think that's a nice tattoo. And she can conceal it if she needs to.

She best not go committing any crimes, though. Too easy to identify!

Song of the Week.  I'm gonna take you WAAY back. "Can you feel it" by the Jacksons. The long version!



Man. That video is crappy. The sound effects are terribly annoying. But it was HIGH technology back in 1980, when I was only 10 years old. When that video came on, right when music videos were becoming just a little popular, it was all the rage. Oh my! That's a video we talked about at the lunch table in elementary school. We ALL wanted to be sprinkled with gold from the Giant Jacksons. LOL

Those were days of innocence. They truly were.

I am shooting for a "food-for-thought" week next week. So we will see how that goes. Ya'll know ya'll like those food-for-thoughts, man. They are just so time consuming. I'm going to work on some this weekend for posting next week. I have a lot of things on my mind that I need to write about.

So until then, Ya'll have a good weekend.

By design.

And on purpose.

3 comments:

  1. I saw Krispy and immediately read Kreme. I had to do a double take. Then I thought to myself, oh...it's only kale. Hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of Krispy Kale and Kale chips. I love kale in it's raw, blended or juiced form...I need to try it like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing as SingleMa *foodie shame face*

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!