Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Seen On the Side of the Road in the 'Hood...

Sometimes when I'm driving around my beloved ATL, going to and fro, I see some... interesting things.

Like this.


Look a little closer...


*ladylee joins hands with blog family... and walks just a little closer*


Wow.

Now, if that's not creative, I don't know what is.

A toilet full of flowers sitting atop a picnic table.

The flowers signify that it's a memorial. Someone probably had a crash and died at that spot.  But the spot is usually marked with crosses and teddy bears in addition to the flowers.

Never a toilet.

Maybe the person who perished was a plumber. Who knows. I hope that is what it means. That is the ONLY reason I can come up with.

Maybe it's a metaphor for life.

Something akin to... "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

Something like that.

If it is a metaphor for life, I have NO idea what this metaphor is and if I did, what it means.

All I know is that I stopped my car in the middle of the street and took a picture. I sure did. (After I made sure no one was around, of course).

That image is burned in my brain. Yes it is.

I'll let you all ponder it. Maybe you, my smart readers, can come up with an explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!