Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Freestyles

Finally Friday.

And I am happy for the weekend. And I am thankful for the weekend.

It has been a difficult week. I'm probably speaking for many of us. 

I've been wanting to post, but man... the horrific massacre this weekend. I can't be smurfy. Not even here.

My deepest condolences to the families who lost their loved ones in the South Carolina Emmanuel AME Church massacre.



I, like everyone else, am having a difficult time with this. I will never understand how anyone could ever take someone's life. I just could not fathom.it.  That is simply because I don't sow the seeds for that.  My heart isn't filled with such, so I won't produce such awful fruit. I know that sounds simplistic, but that this type  of horror just doesn't sprout up overnight.

The residual effects are just... ugh.

It's also a reminder that... Tomorrow is not promised. 

Let's just say, I pray that this won't blaze up into a race war. Because it looks like it's moving fast towards that. And no one is doing anything to stop it. This whole "mental illness" reasoning can't be the excuse for everything.  It can't.

In the meantime, my condolences to the families. This has to be difficult beyond understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!