Ten Tuesday Thoughts...
These are difficult to come up with for some reason. I can come up with TWO Tuesday Thoughts, but ten thoughts are a challenge. But let's see if I can do that. I will just keep my post open all day and type as I go until it is time to leave.
1. I haven't been blogging much lately. I have been thinking about blog posts, but not doing them. I'm not sure what that's about. It may be because I spend time doing some private journal writing in the mornings, my "morning pages", so I don't really feel a need to post. Plus, I rarely even put personal stuff up on here. This blog is for the exercise of my creative mind.
2. Speaking of writing in the mornings... I was doing 3 pages strong every morning. Then the daylight savings time hit. Man. That three pages went down to one in a hurry. And my cursive writing is barely legible. It's interesting how much of a difference an hour makes.
3. Work is HECTIC. You know it's bad when I take stuff home to read on the weekends. And I was even sitting at home this weekend, saying "Man, I wish I could go in to work to look at that data. I have to wait 'til Monday. Ugh."
4. I had a 4 day weekend for the memorial day holiday. I don't have many plans, so I try to wrap my vacation time around the holidays. That weekend was interesting because I was barely home. I had a long list of things to do, and I got 80% of it done. My time off is usually spent relaxing, but I haven't had any time off since Christmas. Errands plus hanging with friends plus my regular stuff took up a lot of time! So I have to schedule a few "mental days" in June.
5. Lunch today is a nice salad. I wanted to have a mid-morning snack, an orange, but I couldn't. I am working with a piece of equipment that requires that I have no essential oils on my hands. I didn't even put any lotion on this morning, so I am ASHY. Sure enough, I can wash my hands, but you never know. I wear gloves, but that can still be a problem. So once I finish working with that intricate and sensitive piece of equipment, I will eat.
6. I can't believe that it is June already. As usual, the Atlanta weather is all jacked up... hot some days, pouring down raining on others.
7. I am still riding "dirty" in Pam. She may be ready for emission now, but I don't know. I only drive her on the weekends, and I missed out on this this weekend. I really like driving her, more than Lucy Jr. I am a bit stuck up these days, because I prefer leather luxury and a sunroof. The whole cloth seat thing is a bit... ugh. My goal was to get her tested in June. Maybe she is ready for registration. We will see. As for now, I stay out of the way of po-lice.
8. I need to list some goals for the summer. I have some cardboard from an old cardboard box I broke down with a box cutter. I want to list my goals on them in bold sharpie and tack it up on the wall where I can see it everyday. I am sure this would look mad crazy to anyone who comes over.
9. I didn't eat lunch until 3:00 pm. That's not a good look. I like to eat around 1:30 pm. I got caught up in the lab. Sigh. But that salad was good. You can NOT go wrong with baby greens, nectarines, strawberries and pecans... with a tangerine vinagarette. AWESOME!
10. So the custodial crew said they are stripping the floors. Uh... that means I need to leave dirt early. I will NOT be getting stuck down there with them. Nerp. Leaving an hour early. PEACE.
So that's my Ten Tuesday Thoughts. Not half bad!
It's Still Lent? (My Lenten Journey 2018 such that it is) - I knew I wasn't going to march into Lent with a plan. I am spiritually tired of the politics of the day. What does this mean? I am known for keeping a spir...
4 days ago