Thursday, April 28, 2016

Three Thursday Thoughts... The Lemonade Edition

It is Thursday...

And this week has gone by a bit fast.

I'm not mad about it. It's a good thing, because I'm ready for the weekend.

But since it Thursdays it is time for some thoughts... Just three of them though. All have to do with Lemonade.

1. So Beyonce dropped a surprise album. I'm not a big fan of Beyonce. I'm more of a fan of the old Destiny's Child.

But I noticed some show called Lemonade was coming on HBO. And sense HBO was free over the weekend, I was going to get all I could out of it.  Plus, Game of Thrones was coming on, too.

I had no idea what it was about, but it was Beyonce's new visual album.


5 minutes into the show, I picked up the phone and called LadyTee.

'Yo, are you watching this?"
"No," she said. "I don't have the free HBO this weekend."
"This is CRAZY,"  I said.

Crazy, meaning crazy in a good way, that is.

I thought it was GREAT. It was very dark. And I like dark. I didn't care for some of the trap music, but I loved the country song and the overall theme. And it was a concept album, and those are my favorite.

I'm not a Beyonce fan, but this showed some growth.  I remember telling someone that Beyonce is getting older and I want to see some GROWTH. And I don't care for her music, as I don't want to hear the same ol' ish over and over again and again.

And that I saw. Good for her. One of the better CDs I've heard this year. 

2. Prince is gone. I am still waiting for this to be a joke. It is good that Beyonce came out with a new project. And this meme that's been floating around sums up my feelings best:


3. This little girl has her own lemonade business.


I don't know who she is. I need to look it, though. I'm going up to Whole Foods this week. If I see it in the store, I will buy it all... and give them away. I want her to do well.

I WISH I would've had my own business when I was that age.

I know my church's elementary and high school has a business element to it, where the children are required to have their own business and they are paired with an entrepreneur. And by 12th grade, they are required to have a profitable business. I think they want them to have that mentality at an early age.

I wonder where I would be if I had an entrepreneur spirit/mentality at such an early age?

I've done good for myself, I know. But to be business minded since elementary school... man, the possibilities.

I can't wait to see what the smiling little chocolate girl in the picture above grows up to be in 20 years.  I wonder what she will grow up to do in this world.

Only time will tell.

*ladylee sips lemonade on a hot spring day*

1 comment:

  1. The Green Eyed Bandit9:19:00 AM

    I have to get you connected to one of my line sister's daughters. They have created a business by kids. They have been working on it for a few weeks now. Ironically, their project is called Lemonade! This was before Beyonce dropped her album.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!