Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Gardens and Such, Part IX

Good merning, boys and girls!

A garden update is long overdue!

I haven't done a garden post because everything is taking it's sweeeeet time to grow. And that is fine by me, since I only spend an hour a week out there!

The bush beans stopped producing, and I pulled up all the bean plants. I think I got about 4 to 5 pounds of beans out of the garden. We ate most, but froze a couple of bags for later! I replanted those two patches and I should see the new crop on or about September 1.

So one more thing... The cucumbers are starting to bud.

Now I was quite excited about that!! Until I skipped outside to look at them the next morning and saw this:

I was looking at the two budding cucumbers on one plant and saw that out of the corner of my eye on another plant! Man... scared me so bad... I thought it was a snake. Let's just say an Oldgirl jumped sky high and ran into a tree.

*LadyLee jumping up real quick and looking around real fast to see if anyone saw her act a fool*

LOL LOL!!!!

I examined the other plants closely. I have about 5 cucumber bush plants. There are 3 large cucumbers out there, and they should be ready to pick in a few days.

Cucumbers grow pretty fast. One of the buds above is growing pretty fast. I took the first picture in this post on the 4th of July. I took the following picture on July 9th.

So they are growing pretty fast.

I planted some collard greens, and it looks like I have a handful of peppers coming in. I am trying to figure out the best time to pick those, though. The tomato plant is as big as a damn oak tree, with about 20 small tomatoes on it. Those should be ready in another week or two.

And you know I'ma have the pics for you, right?

So that's it, boys and girls, for the garden update!

See ya next time!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:05:00 PM

    I am excited with you about your garden. I unlike you don't have the patience.

    Love that New Edition song... you know I do.. especially after all our cubicule reenactments!!! But can we get a new video PLEASE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Cowgirl Cre...

    You know what? Go ride your horse or get your butt back over to your side of the cubicle...

    And call a few peeps over so that we can do a few more reenactments...

    LOL

    Been meaning to change the song, but haven't gotten around to it... Make yourself useful and come up with something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling the rate of growth in your garden. This tells me exactly what I've wanted to know since selecting the ATL metro area as my future home:

    That dirt/clay/earth is magic.

    Loving your garden. Don't forget to hook a brother up with some peppers in the future!

    "Rolling With Kid And Play" is a nice song and visual from back in the day... Hint, hint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' it, girl! When can I come over and sample some of that stuff you' growin'?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladylee, I looove your blog. That is a nice sized cuke you have grown there!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!