Thursday, July 05, 2007

A ladylee 4th of July.

So yeah, I'm being lazy, and not posting much.

It is the holiday season, child!

And between writing for class and work, well... I'm too lazy tired to be posting, even though I have a SLEW of stuff to talk about.

That Original Oldgirl Chele wanted to see pictures of my 4th of July Feast.

Sorry hon... there was no feast. I threw some chicken on the grill, because my sister was off. That's about it. Didn't even take any pictures of it grilling. I worked on a flan recipe for a group meeting I have on Sunday... still working on getting it just right. That's about it.

But Chele! Never fear, my dear! I have some OLD grillin' pics I never posted, from when I grilled on some ol' non-holiday weekend.

So these are for YOU, you Oldgirl!




Yeah, that's it right there. Move a little closer to the screen, Chele so you can smell all dat!! LOL!!

Well, anyway, I was completely shellshocked that I had Tuesday AND Wednesday off. I haven't had 2 days off in a row all year. The Oppressor sho' nuff do like to crack a whip on an Oldgirl...

Really though.

So my major goal was to just sit on the couch and VEG out. Look at TV, read a couple of books, and do a little writing. I had some writing class homework to do, and as of July 1st, I am spending some time each day revising Sweet Heat, at the rate of one chapter per week. That throws me on some type of target for finishing the 2nd draft around Christmas. We will see!

But as I was sitting there on the couch MINDING MY OWN BIZNESS, wrapped up in my favorite throw, reading a book, watching Law and Order and Snapped marathons... and my phone rings. It is none other than our favorite snack Milk and Cookies.

Phone rings.
"Yeah." (my usual greeting for M&C. I rarely say hello, LOL.)
"'Sup Lee?"
"Nothing."
"I'm coming over. And I have one of my boys with me."
*Lee pitches a silent conniption fit*
"Dang man, give me an hour!"
"Alright. We just riding around. We'll be over soon."


Now, I'd heard through the grapevine that the little boy was in town. But I was trying to spend my two days off in the house in complete seclusion... with NO plans of entertaining anybody, or even getting dressed, for that matter. I made my sister Kentucky get her butt up and get herself together. (Yo Kentucky! Get up so you can entertain your brother and his folk.)

And at least he was bringing over one of his homeboys. If that boy brings one more chick over for me to grill, I'm gonna wring his damn neck. I can't STAND talking to his trifling women.

So I reluctantly got up and got myself together.

Milk and Cookies arrived a little later. I thought about not opening the door, but the boy has keys to my house, and he walked right on in.

He brought his army buddy Steve with him.

Real nice dude. I felt bad about catching an attitude earlier. Especially when he said... "I am so happy to meet you. Your brother talks about you all the time!"

Milk and Cookies likes to throw me up on a pedastal for some reason. I hear this a lot from his friends. He don't even try to play it off. "Hell yeah I talk about you, Lee. I'm proud of my big sister!"

So we hung out for awhile. It didn't help that there was a Snapped marathon on the Oxygen channel. We sat around and talked and watched that show.

And you know Milk and Cookies. Little negro always has to take a picture with whatever he happens to be rolling in at the time. He had the tricked out Grand Am on that day.

Milk and Cookies, those rims are PHAT, son! Maybe you'll pay them suckas off one day! LOL! LOL!

My neighbor Tiny stopped by. He scolded me something terrible because I wasn't answering my cellphone. *Lee, I've called you 4 times. Where you been? Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!!!!!!"*

*LadyLee kicking the HARD eyeroll.*

Tiny can be worse than a woman sometimes. My phone was on vibrate. SUE ME. But thanks for checking up on an Oldgirl. I may not show it, but I DO appreciate it. (Even though you almost got smacked for fussing!)

He was doing his Pochahantes thing for the holiday. I had a vision of running and finding some scissors and knocking him down and cutting his hair (I am NOT fond of the Pochahantes hairdo.)

I soon realized that I'd been watching toooooo much Snapped. Makes an Oldgirl have a few too many violent thoughts...

So that was the gist of my holiday. Nice and slow, just like I like. I also did a little gardening, but I will save those pics for next time. Overall, it was a nice relaxing, low key day.

Just what this Oldgirl needed...

11 comments:

  1. I think most of us wanted to hang out and do nothing. That's exactly what I did too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK why did I scroll first and said to my self....that chicken looks familar LMAO

    I did not go to a single BBQ...we went to see transformers LOL...OOOOOHHHH it was soooo good....it was more than met the eye LOL..

    Tiny does not need to wear that hear style again....seriously

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chosen...

    Yes, that is a good thing... to do nothing. I rarely get time off, and I didn't want it filled with too much activity!!

    @DJ DIVA...

    So you can't get with the Pochantes hairdo. I think that is his holiday hairdo... and he is quite proud of it. Hey, to each his own!!

    I'll be going to see Transformers 2morrow. You liking it makes me less apprehensive about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:13:00 PM

    I chilled and relaxed on the 4th too. Cussing myself out for not taking off Thurs and Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there on the Northside and didn't get an invite to the food and festivities. Next time girl next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:30:00 PM

    Okay ...

    Thanks for the pics. Even your non-holiday grilling is better than anything than I could come up with on the holiday.

    Girl, did you say, "Snapped"? Oh my goodness ... I was going to blog about that show today. It's my new obsession. It amazes me how many women are killing men. And ... most of the women profiled don't actually SNAP. Those murders are premeditated, fo sho!

    Tell Tiny to drop the pigtails cause with his man-boobs he kinda looks like a chick.

    Have a great weekend, Oldgirl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell Tiny to get rid of the Pocahontas look. That does nothing for him. I'm sure he likes it, though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. see...I aint wanna say it made him look fem....and u still got me LOL

    look at the Girly mahn...LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey LL,
    I did the slo mo holiday thing myself this year believe it or not. Spent the day pretty much with the PO which was great. We did a couple of hours at his Mom's and grabbed some food. I took a SCRAWBURRY CREAM CAKE! Couldn't show up empty handeded now could I ;) Glad you got some rest....I did too and it was much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @That Southern Gal...

    I understand what you mean by "cussing myself out". I am STILL cussing...

    @The detective...

    Yeah, come on by!! But you would HATE my yard, LOL!!

    @Chele....

    Snapped is the bomb. Whoever came up with that show needs a promotion. I just LOVE how they go over the whole history of the relationship before a chick just lose it. That is some good stuff there.

    Stop picking on Tiny. He likes his Pochantes hairdo. I just wish he would get rid of those AWFUL tank tops!!! UGGH!

    @Kayla... too funny!!

    @DJ... as long as that Negro happy... whatever!!

    @That UNRETIRED OLDGIRL Sharon...

    Strawberry Cream Cake... Send me the recipe. But only enough to make a slice, LOL.

    And I am glad you are BACK... Shoot me an email and let me know when's a good time to call you, with your busy self:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quintin5:18:00 AM

    To my mind every person ought to browse on it.
    sexy maids | pirate cake | dress styles

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!