Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Gardens and Such, part XI

Much has been going on in the garden since I last did a garden update...

Well, not really that much. All I know, it is definitely cucumber time.


I've harvested at least ten cucumbers. And if I see another cucumber, I'm going to scream. It trips me out to go outside after a hard rain and see cucumbers just laying out on the ground.


I am not sure what's up with the tomato plant.

I have one plant, and that sucka is sprawling out of control, and has at least 40 tomatoes on it, but they are taking their sweet time turning red. But I have managed to pick a few that turned red, and they are VERY good, bursting with flavor. Wasn't expecting that at all!


As you can see, I'm also getting a few peppers. Not many, though, but about 5 or six. I threw a couple of those in a pot of collard greens... And yes, they made allll the difference.

There's a strange pepper growing on one of the plants. Not sure what kind it is, but it is big. If you know what it is, let your girl know. But for now, I'll just let it sit out there on the plant...

I have okra in the garden, but had pretty much given up on it. Some of the plants grew to about 2 feet tall, then just stopped growing. The last time I grew okra, the plants grew to 8 feet tall. I was thinking that I'd bought some bootleg seeds or something. Well, imagine when I walked outside one afternoon and saw this:



Yes... we have okra! But the problem with okra is that it grows real fast, which means I have to go outside everyday and pick it. That's gonna be a problem because I go outside every other day to look at the garden. (I'm so lazy!). But I think I can spare a few minutes going out and picking, ya know??

So that's the garden update for now.

Stay tuned for another!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:36:00 PM

    I like the cucumber on the left....don't chop it up....save it for me...I'll be there 2morrow!

    No but seriously...I will be there 2morrow...call me at some point 2morrow k? Maybe dinner?

    why do all of them look like sex toys?

    Leelee leelee..how DOES YOUR garden grow?

    LMAO

    Good job girl...Call me

    (stand back yall...I'm fittin to get messed up by the Oldgirl!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The DJ DIVA...

    I swear girl, your mind is the dirtiest, dirtiest. Keep it clean, babes!

    The cuke on the left has been peeled chopped and is sitting in the fridge with tomatoes and onions... OK?

    (stand back yall...I'm fittin to get messed up by the Oldgirl!)

    **crickets**

    Hon, you sound giddy. Trust me, I ain't that exciting!

    I'll give you a call:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OG you are turning into a regular little farmer!!!

    Great Job, but I get my fresh veggies after they have been injected at the store ;(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes... I can finally get my salad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pepper you are asking about looks like a jalapeno, but I'm not sure.

    Your garden looks great! I can't wait until we move into a new house and I can start a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I love when it's harvest time. All those fresh veggies for salads and snacks.
    Great garden LadyLee!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!