Monday, November 19, 2007

Ladylee feenin, feenin, FEENIN!!



So I was walking past my coworker T's desk, and I saw the purse to the left. (Not red, but black in color.)

The 1% Diva in me paused.

"Girl, that's a NICE purse!"
"Thank you," she said.
"Can I hold it?"
"Sure," she said.
I picked it up and proceeded to do the runway model walk with it up and down the cubicle area.
"It looks good on you, girl!" she said.
"Thank you," I replied.

I spent much time rubbing my fingers across the soft leather. That leather IS NOT from no bootleg American cow.

The cow leather used to make that purse was from a special cow.

I think I picked up her purse several times that day. I decided to leave it alone after awhile. "Chick, I don't want your money or wallet missing and you come looking for me!" I yelled.

I want that purse!

But... it costs 500 dollars.

And that makes it "below the line", i.e., I have to pay OFF some bills before I get that.

So I talked to Erica, my bootleg financial advisor and head of the finance meeting group I've been a part of all year, the "Tripple FFF Possee" (Financial Freedom Fighters) when I attended my book club meeting this Saturday.

"Erica," I said, "I saw a Coach purse that I like, and it cost 500 bucks."
She fell out laughing. I laughed right along with her.

But she kept laughing, and laughing... and laughing.

Dang. I didn't think it was THAT funny.

"No, LadyLee, you can't buy that. Not until you get out of debt."

I nodded, for I knew that would be the answer.

Erica's mother attended the book meeting that day also. She was listening in on our convo.
"Go on and get that purse, girl," she said. "Get it. Get that purse."
**LadyLee smiles real hard**

Erica stopped laughing.

"Don't you listen to my Mama, LadyLee."

I know that's right. I could see myself sneaking into the Coach store, gingerly removing that purse from the rack and turning around to head for the cash register... and running right into Erica.

The scary movie music will cue up and start playing and everything... right before she knocks me upside my head.

Nope. Not happening.

I discussed the purse with my best friend LadyTee this morning.

She was quiet for a moment (a bit too long for my comfort, really) then said...

"Lee, you're not getting a little femininty there, are you?"
"Girl, you know I don't fool with no pocketbook. But that purse is nice!"
She laughed. "I wish I would come to your house and see a 500 dollar purse. I'd be thinking, this negro here done hit the lottery or something."

LOL!!

The thing is I don't carry a purse. I am worse than a dude. I carry a wallet, which I usually put in my laptop case. It is much too cumbersome to deal with a laptop case AND a purse. So I tend to carry a purse to church, or on the weekend only.

But I LIKE THAT PURSE!!!

I spoke with my financial advisor again during the bookclub meeting.

"How about I go find the 50 dollar knockoff, Erica?" I asked.
She considered it for a moment."That's more like it, LadyLee!"

Yeah, I'll go track down the knockoff... And when I become debt free (minus the mortgage), which should happen in the next 8 months or so?


I. AM. GETTTING. THAT. PURSE!!!

Believe THAT!

5 comments:

  1. You know... Coach does have outlet stores...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outlet better carry that $50.00 BOOTLEG, babes! LOL!!

    Someone told me about the outlet. There's an outlet up in Commerce GA. I may go have a look-see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you should go to a Coach Outlet, Lee. They always have sales. I've bought two purses in the last month at VERY reasonable prices. This from someone who hadn't paid more than $20 for a purse before hand. The outlet IS my friend! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I walk alone in this world. PURSES, Lee? PURSES??? I thought we were bruhs, mayne. MAN UP, Leezarus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It takes courage to be accountable to your dreams. Keep pressin' forward and forsaking the material high!

    Bless you girl...

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!