Thursday, November 15, 2007

Busy as a Bee...



Haven't been posting... Busy as a bee this week.

The oppressor is working me hard. And when I go home, I ain't thinking about blogging. I'm trying to lay down somewhere and go to sleep.

Really though.

But, uh, I been getting emails, so...

We gonna keep it going with the Food for Thoughts! (Whoop-Di-Doooo!!)

I had more I wanted to use last week, but I didn't...

So here are a few things that are on my mind (Don't worry, I'm keeping it short- gotta get back into the lab, man!!)

Just a little sumthin' sumthin' to think about today!

I learned this last night in my finance class:

"Life is never made unbearable by the circumstances but only by lack of meaning and purpose." (Viktor Frankl)

That is the truth right there. I find myself laying awake sometimes in bed at night wondering what my life's purpose is. I am finding these days that the talk amongst myself and my friends is more geared towards finding our purpose in life, the whole "why" behind why we are here. Circumstances are here, and things happen. We can rise above our circumstances.

But to walk in one's purpose, and to know that you are walking in your purpose? That's priceless.

"Excuses are nails used to build the house of failure."

I got that out of my church notes. It's been on my mind for the past couple of months. I don't know about you, but in my case, it is true. Failure is held together by a bunch of excuses. I can look at all of my failures, and I can come up with umpteen reasons (excuses, really) of why I failed. As I've gotten older, I have come to the point where I will hold myself accountable for many things. I am finding that that is the first step to moving forward past the failure.

That's all for now... stay tuned for Foto Fridays tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:59:00 PM

    As I've gotten older, I have come to the point where I will hold myself accountable for many things. I am finding that that is the first step to moving forward past the failure.

    I totally agree Blog Sis....such a nugget!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!