Friday, February 19, 2010

Feeling Better. Vacation Pictures, Part II

I am feeling much better. I think I will go to work today, even if for half a day.

I have the feeling of "I GOTTA GET UP OUT OF THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I look at Oscar-Tyrone. He is a house cat, and dude is in the house ALL the time. I need to take him for a walk or a ride in the car.

No one, animal or human, should be stuck in the house like this!!

Late yesterday afternoon, I couldn't take it no more... I decided that I just HAD to leave. I was looking at the news, and saw that it wasn't biting cold outside, i.e., around 50-60 degrees, so I decided to get out of the house.

I got winded putting on my clothes. Took me 10 minutes. Not a good look. But I wanted to get out of here and get some fresh air.

So I went and got my taxes done. That took longer than I would like, as my accountant wants to discuss the who, the what, the why, the where... I was NOT in the mood. I was looking at the numbers and after awhile, I was like "whatever, girl... looks good to me."

I must be feeling better, because I didn't fall into a coughing hacking fit or blow snot all over the room... not one time. (Although I reached fast for the tisshas once I got back in the car, lol).

But the Oldgirl got a pretty good clip of bread refunded. I was happy about that.

That little outing had me all tuckered out.

I came home and got right back in the bed.

I'm going to work today. If only for half a day. If I get tired, I'm coming back home.

So on with the Vacation thoughts and pictures...

In this post, I'll be kicking out hotel pictures.

FOOD: We were not blown away by the food. I figured out after a couple of days that the food is more European fare. I don't care for that. There was also some Dominican cuisine. Didn't care for that either. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give the food a 4.

I did see a couple of dishes involving chayote (mirlitons) and bok choy that I will be trying at home. I've been trying to figure out how to cook chayote, and I actually bought some when I got back home. So I may hook that up this weekend.

They had a great fresh juice bar. The melon juice was insane! (They could've given me a whole pitcher of that!!) The desert bar was so-so.

I had some steak and chicken once, but left that alone. (I see as time goes by, that I just don't like it at all). I ate a ton of grouper. Nope, not my favorite, but it was good. They had few other seafood dishes, which didn't make me happy... but that's alright.

Maybe by next vacation, my taste for meat will be totally gone!

HOTEL ROOM: We stayed at the Riu Palace.

Hated it!!

It was like some old 1960s earthtone madness. I thought Fidel Castro was gonna jump out of the closet or something. Looked like something he designed, lol...

That was alright, I suppose, but there was a problem with the air: it was stale, and wasn't well circulated.



Very odd... especially since this hotel is only 3 years old. (Maybe they meant to say it was 30 years old.)

Let's just say that I had to REALLY wash up everything in my suitcase and I am still airing out my suitcase...

I refused to take pictures of the room. But I did find one picture. I think I was just testing my camera or something...




That is Kimmie-Kim's purple neck pillow. Never seen one of those before. (This means it's some ol' Diva type of thing.)

Let's just say, they didn't spend money on the rooms...

But they went all out on the hotel grounds.

The hotel exterior and landscape simply blew us away... check out the pictures:












































Those were nice weren't they? Makes it worth going again. (Only if I can find a different hotel, though!)
If you thought those were nice, wait til you see the beaches!
(To be continued...)

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:39:00 PM

    Glad you're feeling better! :)

    That's a GRAND hotel if I've ever seen one.

    Not sure I like the maze hedges though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:22:00 PM

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG NICE PICTURES. That hotel is a frickin palace. Take me with you next time lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. jennifer9:45:00 AM

    i like the hedges lol... i am just sorry to hear the interior doesn't match the exterior of the hotel! hmmm... that would preach

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place ... from the outside. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!