Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Post 36: Time, Man!

I know when I'm talking with my friends, discussing the things us womens like to discuss, my answers usually end with a short short suggestion.

"Time, man! Give it time!"

(This tends to cause Serenity in particular to angrily walk away and twist out her hair, lol. She don't like to hear that!)

For everything takes time. When we're confused about things, when we don't know what to do, when we feel like our feet are stuck in the mud, one thing takes care of all of that...

The passage of time.

Time never lies.

Never.

But I don't like that. I want what I want, right here, right now. I need to know the answer, right here, right now.

But what will that prove? Nothing.

Time has to pass. There are no quick fixes.

No woman has a baby instaneously. There's a period of time that has to pass, from conception to birth.

Establishing the good in my life takes time. Wringing the bad out of my life takes time.

Development takes time. Likewise, deterioration takes time.

Everything is time dependant.

Time, man!

You can't get away from it.

You don't know if that man's lying to you, or how he really feels about you? Shoot, you don't even know how you feel about that man?

Don't worry yourself. Give it time. You'll know what's up after some time has passed.

Everything happens in time.

But we're living in a very precarious time right now.

Time feels as if it's compressed. All of a sudden, we have a gazillion things to do, in so little time.

There is no time.

When, last time I checked, the length of a second, a minute, and an hour has not changed. It has not shortened or lengthened.

Time never changes. It remains the same.

So I have learned that I must respect this thing called time.

This time given to me on this earth.

And I must push to use it wisely.

For there is a time to work.

And there is a time to play.

But there is no time waste.

7 comments:

  1. I can't add a thing. Well, maybe one thing:

    They that wait on the Lord, shall renew their strength.

    So, while the time is passing, we are getting stronger. Ain't that a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely hate when you tell me that, but it is soooo true! And it really doesn't take very long for me to get my answers about people. Now why in the heck aren't you responding to my email? time is ticking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our time is definately what we make of it. This came on time for me. It is always good to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:45:00 PM

    Thanks for the reminder LadyLee. I think your 40 posts have all spoken to me.......even when I didnt want to hear.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ~LisaB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sista, your 35 posts have spoken to my heart. I passed through and noticed that you were doing it awhile back. I read them all last night, and they were most helpful. Keep doing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time is all that you said. Your posts have been RIGHT ON TIME. I just found out one of my aunts was given very little time. As we deal with our feelings and faith concerning her news, we are wanting to spend TIME with her. It makes me reflect on the TIMES I have spent with her since we were children. She is only 5 years older than me. It makes me plan TIME for her versus going about my day as if we have forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:45:00 AM

    Lee, I swear you have been in my head lately with these posts!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!