Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vacation Pictures, Part III: "Trees, man! TREES!"

I meant to post yesterday, but had to be in at work early, and oh well...

You know how that goes. Didn't get it done!

It is very rare for me to blog at work. This here is my early morning activity!

I could do 10 posts this week... but there's no time. HARD SIGH.

So I will do what I can do...

Starting with MORE vacation pictures from the Dominican Republic.

This time I want to focus on the TREES.

Oh the trees were simply amazing!

I was even snapping pictures of trees at the airport. Look at this one.

I've never seen anything like that. I wanted to touch it, but thought I'd get in trouble.


We saw one at one of the hotels. I asked a worker what type of tree it was. He said it was a garden tree.

Uh, okay.

The Palm trees were fabulous!





They even grew up out of the sand!



Peeps exercising on the beach amongst the trees..


As you can tell, I really like the TREES!






There were so MANY of them. I've never seen that many palm trees crowded together like that.














Is it like that all over the carribean??

Another interesting plant. I guess this would be called a garden plant also.



Another tree... This looks like something I would see in the ATL, lol.



As you can tell, I REALLY like this funny little bush tree.


The beach at dusk. Still trippin' on all those trees. And the sand... the sand didn't even stick to your feet. Not sure what that's about, but it was really cool.


That's all I have for now. More pictures to come...

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:39:00 AM

    Beautiful pictures.

    I would be posing right next to those trees. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful trees! I love the garden tree too! I have never seen that many palm trees together either, not in Florida, Puerto Rico, or Nassau. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love palm trees! All of these pics are getting me more and more excited for my DR trip later this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @That Southern Black Gal... Yeah, I can see you posing, turned to the side, hand on the hip, cheesing REAL hard.
    (You know how you do..)

    @Earth Angel... So, that's not a common thing in the Caribbean? Goodness... I think I may have to go back someday, because I've never seen anything like that. And you can tell that it was all natural, those palm trees cluttered together like that!

    @NSAnon... It was a quite a lovely site...Just make sure you're not staying at any of the Riu hotels. Look nice outside, not so nice on the inside..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:46:00 PM

    That first tree reminds me of a hand-held fan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some beautiful trees...

    ReplyDelete
  7. lmao @ "garden tree". he should have just said he didn't know! lol. Beautiful pics though!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!