Monday, February 15, 2010

Good Monday Morning... I mean, Afta-Noon

Good Monday Morning...

Or should I say, Good Monday Aftanoon.

I am off today because it is President's day!

Happy President's day!

Okay, there's not much enthusiam in that.

Ifeel like we should be outside grilling some meat or something, lol...

I am sitting here with a slight cold. I am NOT happy about that. I made some interesting ginger lemon lime sorbet yesterday, and that killed the sore throat straight out, but now I'm all mucousy up in the head. Hard sigh.

It would be best to take a day off tomorrow if this don't clear up, but I think I will go in. No telling WHAT I'm going back to at work. All kinds of problems to keep me busy. So that is the deal. Not happy about it, but it is what it is.

I enjoyed my vacation. Wasn't all that impressed with the hotel, but the Dominican beaches are insane! That was the best part. I have a load of pictures, just got to sort through them. We didn't care for the hotel or the food that much. I've learned that it is geared more towards European style and tastes, and uh... I ain't European...

Now on Friday afternoon, we had a little snow. I wanted to post these pictures, but I couldn't find my camera.





Those were the early pics, when it first started snowing. I'd just arrived home from doing a little grocery shopping, and I was out checking the mail.

I tried to coax Oscar-Tyrone into coming outside.



He was uh... I don't know... not all that interested. He retreated back into the warmth of the house.

Later that day, before dusk, I took more pics.




Notice that I didn't go outside... I just stuck my arm out the front door and snapped a few pictures. I don't like snow, and haven't built a snow man since I was a kid. No need to do that now! LOL

It was all very... interesting.

Today is a lazy day. I have some reading to do, and I MUST get started on my crochet projects.

Here's a pic of the blanket I completed on February 1st...


I'm suprised I didn't get a better pic of it. Hmm. I have to do better next time. It wasn't even finished when I took this picture. I think I was just trying out my new camera.
That was for one of my favorite lurkers, Ms.Blackliterature.com (Sherri). I finished it the day before she had the baby. She put up a status on FB saying something to the order of "I am at the hospital. I am having a baby."

LOL! That was hilarious. Ya'll tweeting and facebooking during some crazy times. LOL.

I would like to thank everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes and gifts. I'll be posting up some of those gifts soon...

You made the big 4-0 extra, extra special. You truly did.

And no, I won't be posting everyday. HECK NO. Sherri suggested I continue the food for thought posts. Uh, no way, gal. I will do those periodically. Serenity is in charge of the food for thoughts. Talk to her about it! LOL.

So, I hope you all have a great week... On purpose.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back LadyLee. It sounds like you are adjusting well to the transition from 85 degrees to snow! Whew, that was a tough one for me...can't wait to see your pics from the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:56:00 AM

    LOL @ Oscar-Tyrone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket is absolutely beautiful! And so soft. Just the right colors for a baby boy.

    Side note: You know I wasn't the one on FB posting updates. LOL A certain someone thought FB updates were more efficient than calling folks on the phone.

    Side Note 2: My mom tried to appropriate the blanket for herself when I opened the box. Talking about how neat your stitchwork was and that you should sell them at a craft fair. LOL. Give Jacob his blanket back mom!

    Thank you Dr Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blanket. I am still new to the crocheting. I have made basic stitched throws, scarfs, purses and ponchos.

    I want to do things with more shape and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now if DC had only gotten that much me and my crutches would have been outside having a blast.. great blanket.

    hey did u ever respond abt whetehr u sell blankets..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Luv... No way, man! I don't sell blankets. That'll drive me NUTS if I have to sit down and make a blanket for pay... this is something I do when I am sitting down watching TV!

    Yeah, that was A LOT of snow for us. The whole city shuts down due to one or two inches, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Blackliterature.com... Yeah, you tell yo mama to give the baby his blanket back! Or she'll have to deal with ME...

    *Lee stomps foot hard on the ground*

    (Yeah right, don't you go telling your mama that!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @that southern black gal... Oscar is a trip and a half! I can tell he's getting old! (He'll be 13 this year).

    @Earth Angel... I have a strange cold right now from the radical temp changes. It is indeed tough. Even the air down there was different.

    @Shai... I don't don nothing that takes much concentration, ie., I only do straight blankets with repetitive patterns. That's it! My grandmother can do all that other wild stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!