Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I's SICK!!

Ugggh...

'Tis a bad time...

A time I can't stand.

I's sick.

Sick as a DOG.




Yep, that's how I feel right about now. Kind of laid out like that right about now in the bed.

I was fooling around with a cold. I blame it on the switch from the beautiful warm 85 degree weather of the Dominican Republic to ol' cold 30 degree ATL. And this happens when I travel. I was a little under the weather on the first day of my vacation, too.

But yesterday, I got out in this cold air and went to work. I showed up equipped with plenty of water and orange juice and lotion infused tissues. I know I had to irk my fellow coworkers with all my nose-honking and coughing...

My cubicle mate Cowgirl Cre looked on in horror as I sliced lemons, held my head back, squeezed the juice down my throat.

(I learned that from BFF LadyTee: "Get you some lemons and drink the juice... cuts all the phelgm with the quickness!).

I woke up this morning feeling like I'd fallen off a cliff.

I sent a text message to Hen-Dog, our interim boss and work group superhero:

"Hark, I am roadkill on the side of the road... chased and attacked by the Mucus Monster, i.e., I won't be in to work today. I'll be at home, sitting in a corner in sackcloth, dumping ashes on my head..."

(Yes, I am dramatic when I am sickly).

And it don't help that Aunt Flo showed up out of nowhere.

*Lee opens window and promptly throws herself out....right after knocking Aunt Flo upside the head*

I could really REALLY use a good bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup right about now.



Oooooh that would be so good right now.

But without the chicken. Can't figure out how to work that out. I have some bootleg fake chicken powder in the kitchen, but uh... that won't be the same. And I am NOT in the mood to figure that ish out. NOT in the mood.

I think I will just stick with my water and juice.



And my puff tissues.



The ones with the Vicks in them are the BOMB. I bought those last night!

And I think I will soak one of my birthday gifts in a little cool water and place it on my forehead.



Yeah, that's what's hot! (Thanks, Southern...)

So hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

If not, I'll be tossing myself out the window for real!

11 comments:

  1. This too shall pass. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better and no throwing yourself out the window, because what would I read on my lunch break. (Out of lurkdom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you want to add broken bones to the mix! Don't throw yourself out the window!

    Order some garlic & broccoli from your favorite chinese restaurant. The combination of strong garlic and fresh broccoli will aid in the healing!

    Be still. Rest. Dream. DO NOTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:26:00 PM

    I second the garlic and broccoli combo. I make that combo with water [a poor man's soup] and add some ricotta cheese.

    Hope you feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get better soon...it's probably just your body missing the DR, lol. Seriously, I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. feel better! does airborne work for you? that soup looked good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl I'm thinking about going old school and rubbing some Vicks on my chest at bedtime to cut this cough down. This is ridiculous!

    Feel better Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better real soon...remember, feed a cold, starve a fever!(why old folks like to say that?)
    Get plenty rest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. jennifer8:35:00 AM

    maybe homemade vegetable soup, with veggie broth? :-) that soup does look good tho... but you know the real healer anyways

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel better LadyLee! Travel takes it out of me too. I remember sprinting through the ATL airport in '07, breaking a serious sweat, plopping down in my seat on cold a@@ coach and *immediately* feeling a cold coming on. Argh. Got sick while I was *on* vacation this time. What fun. And Aunt Flo too? You got some good tips - lemon juice, garlic & broccoli. Thai green curry is awesome too for a cold.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!