Thursday, February 18, 2010

Still Sick. Vacation pics, part I

Hello Party People...

It's me. LadyLee. Still laying on my back. Still sick.

You know, I NEVER thought there would be a time where I would be like "Gee, I really want to go to work!"

LOL!

That don't even sound right. In the past, I've worked with colds. One time, I worked while I had the flu. This thing here has just knocked an Oldgirl down...

I lay here yesterday, and watched the Olympic Curling events.

That's just how BORED I am. And I still couldn't figure that sport out!

I scared my poor sista Kentucky when she came in from work. She's usually asleep by the time I get home.

"Is everything alright, Lisa?"

"Nooooo!" I wanted to yell. But I told her that the cold was getting the best of me, and I needed to chill out for a minute.

But I am feeling better. We're not sure if it's the cold or the flu. Most likely a cold, busting out some lupus flares.

Doc says stay home and recuperate.

So that is what this Oldgirl will do.

I have 17.5 weeks of sick leave.

I can afford a couple of sick days, don't you think?

The goal today: Get out of bed and go sit on the sofa. Yeah. I think I can do that. Yeah. I'll do that later on. Much later.

With that said, thank goodness for the laptop. I can just sit here in bed and do the darn thing.

May as well cycle through some of my vacay pictures... Starting with the airport.

We arrived at the Punta Cana airport around 2 in the afternoon...


A most lovely place indeed.

Gettting off the airplane out on the tarmac and walking through a tube. Hilarious!


I laughed the whole time! I thought they only did that type of thing when you have private jets.

I had the feeling of "You're not in the United States anymore!!!"

LOL

Then we had to do all this walking.




Uh, they could've parked the plane closer to where the gate entrance. I was sweating like a dog walking in that hot sun!




What a gorgeous airport. I loved the open-airness (is that a word?) of the place. I really liked the straw thatched roofs.


This place was nothing like the busy Hartsfield Atlanta airport!!

A picture of some of the locals.


(What's up with the gang signs, fellas? Cut that out.)
A bootleg band played as we entered.
They kicked a straw basket at me after I took the picture, so I gave them a dollar.

I was more interested in getting to the baggage claim...

Belt 1! Come on, luggage!!!


Then it was off to the hotel...

To be continued...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:59:00 AM

    You're too funny! Only the gifted can find humor in getting off a plane and finding luggage.

    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bootleg band...priceless. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying the pics so far. I like those thatched huts too! Nothing so picturesque at Nassau airport. Can't wait to see more. I am curious about the DR, but scared to go: I read that folk will yell at you on the street if you wear your hair unstraightened. But perhaps those are isolated incidents. The landscape looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That beautiful weather makes me want to jump through the monitor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *kicking a straw basket LadyLee's way for more pics*

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!