Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm Back. Prizewinners.

An Oldgirl is BACK.

In full full effect.

Well, not really. The current temperature is 34 degrees in the ATL.

The weather in the Dominican Republic averaged 85 degrees each day I was there...

**gas face**

You do the math.

DOGGONIT.

I want to be like them European peoples: go on "holiday", for 2 to 3 weeks. 5 days ain't enough!

And it's suppose to snow today! In the ATL.... starting at 10 a.m.

UGGGGHHH!!

*Blog family hollers "You want some cheese with all the whine?"*

NO.

Leave me alone. Let me whine!

So, I guess it is time for me to announce the winners of the 40 in 40 contest. It was more geared for the top commentors on the 40 food-for-thought posts over the the 40 days leading up to my birthday.

Now, I am upset about this.

You bloggers who have been reading me for years. How the hell do you let a LURKER win first prize? Can you tell me that? Chele? Southern Black Gal? Hassan? The rest of ya'll?

How did The Green Eyed Bandit win the top prize?

One of my favorite bloggers, Chele won second place, a 40 dollar gift card of her choice (default: Wal-mart or Target).

Now, Chele is kind of undercover. She's like that chick in the sunglasses who sits in the back of the club in a booth watching what goes down. You don't know what she's thinking, but you keep an eye on her while you're on the dance floor, because she might get up and beat a sucka down...

And you hope the sucka she whoops that night ain't you...

(Lawd have mercy, there's a storyline up in there somewhere, Chele. LOL).

You just don't know. And it's my theory that she was trying to kick out the 2nd place money prize. And she won that. Southern Black Gal was HOT on her trail, though. You almost missed it, Chele.

There are variuos other prizes. I think if you left 15 or more comments, you get a prize.

But, what was this big secret first prize?

Well, it goes to someone who LURKS here (Man, I'm STILL hot about that). And she knows me personally. Here's how the conversations have gone on the phone, and at finance meetings.

"Man, I can't believe you running the table on this contest, Tiff."
"Well, you won't pull my name out of a hat all those other times."
"I don't care, man. I can't control a random drawing."
"Yeah. And I'm gonna comment! I can control this," she yells. "I got this!"

And she YELLS that at whoever will listen. "SHE WON'T PULL MY NAME OUT OF A HAT, A BAG, A BOX, WHATEVER SHE USE!!!"

And she get all belligerent about it.

So... first prize...

What is it?

Hmmm....

What is Serenity23 holding?




What is that on the LBeezy's bed?



Oh my, what is that crimson and creme thing laying on that chair?




A blanket.

And I name my blankets. (They take 120 hours to make, so they get a name, doggonit!!)

Those above are the "Serenity Special", "The LBeezy Blues", and "The Lovebabz Supreme", respectively.

Yep, I was giving away a blanket for my birthday. Didn't want to mention it. Only mentioned the money prize.

So...Tiff, aka "The Green Eyed Bandit", you win a blanket, made with the colors of your choosing. I suppose you like the crimson and cream one, since you are a Delta. And it goes well with that whole crimson and cream living room of yours.

Let your girl know what colors. You'll get that by fall or earlier....

I'm working on baby blankets right now. Not sure what's up with all the babies... It's all good, though. They only take 30 hours to make. Thank goodness for that!!!

So congratulations Green Eyed Bandit. You ran the table, Ma. Good for you!!

Now you can return to lurk status.

I have a few vacay pics to put up. Didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the Mayan Riviera. It was SO geared toward Europeans, man!

But it was cool...

Look out for those next week.

And announcements of who won other prizes.

10 comments:

  1. Hee! Hee! Geaux Tiffany! I think it should be black and gold for the Saints. LOL! I hope you at least watched the superbowl down there... Oh and I missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Thank you Thank you Thank you. I will save the acceptance speech! I have to think about my colors for the blanket. Some redecorating will happen this year. I have to consult with my interior designer....

    Returning home to Lurkville. I will visit more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Serenity! We did watch the game. It was a great game. I am happy for all of you New Orleaneans. I know the partying going on there for the Super Bowl and Mardi Gras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew that Bandit was going to take the grand prize. I'm not going to complain ... much. Because I'm going shopping, baby! Target, please.

    I hope you had a grand time on your birthday. Glad you're back safely. I'm going to miss these daily posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!! I hope you got to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back sista!!! I won't be around much...it's Mardi Gras and Saints celebration all wrapped into one down here. I plan to be all up in it!!!
    Holla at cha after Mardi Gras day.
    Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what I get for missing the post wiht the rules. hmph. Next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those blankets look absolutely beautiful.. do you sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:34:00 PM

    Glad you're back!

    Oh, and I hear you regarding European's on "Holiday."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back Kotter...missed ya!

    Congrats Green-Eyed...

    I too am coming WAAAY down off of my WHO DAT? High...

    Was in the mix ALL weekend and they convinced me to extend my stay--glad I went and stayed over--had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!