Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Blanket Watch: "The LBeezy Blues"

So...

I like to make one blanket during the holiday season...

And this year, the lucky recipient was the "The LBeezy" aka "The LBigga" aka "The LBoogie" aka "The LadyBug Mocha"...

(Chile, ya gots TOO many aliases. Too many!)

These days, if I spend more than 100 hours on a blanket, I'm giving it a name.

I present to you... THE LBEEZY BLUES!




It's the Blues! The LBeezy Blues! The blues!

*Lee does the HARD Running Man*

I had much fun making this one. My crochet mentor, the Cowgirl Cre said "That's the type of blanket where you close your eyes tight and somebody puts in front of you, then you open your eyes and you're like wooooooooooooo!"

(I think that means she approves).

Yeah, it's bursting with a bit of, uh-rah, high post color contrast. It surely pops and brightens up a room!

As usual, I was rushing on this blanket. I don't understand this 6-7 week fixation I have. I think I started this one the week before the election and had it done by Christmas. I really need a full 12 weeks to do this blanket. I wanted to mail it to her in time for Christmas, but unfortunately, it didn't work out like that.

Me and the lady postal worker had the most enlightening conversation on Tuesday, Dec. 23rd.

I slammed the box on the counter. "I want to get this to Virginia by Saturday"
"You sure you don't want to do this overnight?"
"No."
"We're the post office. We can get it there overnight."
We have a mini-staredown. "No."
She smiled hard. "It'll only be 50 dollars."
"No, that's okay."
"Well, you know, it'll be nice to get it there by Christmas, and-"
I shake my head, and I stare at her fancy manicured nails. She has minature black dice on the pinky nails. I was taken aback an utterly confused for a moment.

"Uh, no she'll be alright. She grown. She's a grown woman. She can get it after Christmas."

LOL!!!

Besides, 50 bucks for shipping. Man, I can't even wrap my head around that. The yarn didn't even cost half that.

"She'll be alright. She grown."


Now, I get tired of photographing blankets on that same ol' lounge chair, and since my house is no bigger than a matchbox, I try to find other places to take pictures.

One such place is the staircase.


While I was trying to work all that out a danggone CAT, i.e. the permanent houseguest Kramer William, was being nosy, as you can see by the light beams in the lower left hand corner of the picture.

Grabbing the blanket and stomping back over to the trusty lounge chair didn't fare well, as Kramer immediately jumped up on the back of the chair.





HUMPH.

Well anyway, I think it came out well. I had fun making it.






But the best picture is of the blanket on her bed.




And the blanket ain't the issha here. Sure, it looks nice on the bed, but uh, WHAT'S UP WITH THE PICTURE ON THE WALL?

"Beezy," I said the other night on the phone, "dang girl, is that you in the photo with dude?"
"Uh, no," she said.
"Cuz that look like you taking a picture with a dude!"
"No, I like the print."


That's good, because she was going to have to give details on that handsome chocalatety hershey bar dark FINE fella there.

GLORY!

Thought you were holding out on us, gal! LOL!

So LBeezy, you are such a great baby blog sista.

I just wanted to give you a little keepsake for Christmas. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Too bad the accompanying tin of oatmeal raisin cookies won't last quite that long.

11 comments:

  1. She's grown! ~Dead!~ You are hilarious.. That blanket is beautiful... And you know good and well that was art b/c you know LBeezy prefers her men "light bright". LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maaaaaannnnnn....keep it up S23!!! Keep.it.up. If that was me in that pic with that man, we'd BOTH be laying under said blanket right now. I loves IT!!! It adds so much character to my bedroom.

    Anyways, I came home yesterday. Had a guest over and offered her some of those fine cookies. Opened the tin can to find 10 cookies. I was like, "Wtf?!" Then my dad walked by with this silly cheshire cat grin on his face talking 'bout some, "....damn, what happened to your cookies? LOL" And I glare at him while he still has the nuts in his teeth. If I didn't have company, he would've been boxed in the face that night.

    Your cookies have become the new spades: People are starting to lose family members b/c of what they have in their hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Serenity30...

    Yeah, she grown! She can get her gift a day after Christmas! LOL!

    She do like the light-skinned-ed fellas. My bad. I forgot about that!

    @LB...

    I sent you, what, 2.5 dozen cookies? Man, ya'll flew through those! I should've sent you more.

    The cookies are quite useful. I can convince the crackheads to do all kinds of stuff for a handful of cookies!

    The guy that just repaired my fridge this morning: I asked him if he wanted a few cookies (we have some left over from my christmas batches, and you know I don't really eat them and I am trying to keep from tossing them).

    Dude ran out to his truck and got me a gift card. GLORY.

    Yeah, we gonna make GOOD use of the cookies, girl!

    Let me know if you want more. I'll throw them in the mail:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:50:00 AM

    Nice blanket and it goes well in her bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait a damn minute! first off, I let it slide that SHE got cookies and I didn't. But then you talking about sending her MORE! And the damn repair man who you don't know from Adam? All b/c he was sexy? Hmph! You better hope I don't stop in ATL on my way back this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Southern Black Gal...

    Glad you like, Southern Black Gal!

    LBeezy does have the most interesting eye for color. And that room looks mighty clean... I think I will try to get her down to the ATL to clean and paint my room, AND to pick out a "print" or two for my walls, lol.

    @S30...

    Uh, look here, Ma. You are getting a batch of cookies. But you're going out of town and all this craziness.I already have a good empty tin for you, but i had to get one of those Treehouse books for your boy first. I will mail it then.

    So hush, chile.

    Now if you're stopping back through my way, let me know, so I can clean up my house. I can give you your cookies and Tylers gifts, and I won't have to mail it.

    HUMPH!

    Look here, that dude was sexy! The color of dark chocolate. GLORY!
    (I know he was like "Why is she staring at me?" LOL)

    And I was quite pleased at having the fridge repaired! He could have all the cookies he wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Southern Gal's right...That blanket looks great in her bedroom...

    You go LadyLee!!! [Witcho bad @ss self!!!] :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. omgoodness! you matched the Hell out the colors. good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:42:00 PM

    That blanket is just gorgeous and it matches the room perfectly! Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking you should totally make me a scarf...need me to send you my address?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That color blue is a vibrant hue and I'm diggin' it!

    You're an artisan with those crochet needles Ladylee.

    Kudos to you for spreading the Christmas love!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!