Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Letter to Myself

I am a member of a journal writing group, and back in January, we were asked to write a letter to ourselves detailing the following:

1. Goals for 2008.
2. What I plan to get done.
3. What I will not tolerate this year.

We gave them to our group leader. She was to mail them back to us in December.

I got mine in the mail a couple of weeks ago.

It was interesting to read what I was thinking some 11 months ago.

My goals and plans for 2008 are few and far between. My reasonf for that is that I rarely reach said goals. So I will do something I'e termed the three point stance: Any goal I tacle will be attacked from three different points: habit, persistance, and patience.

Whatever I plan to do, I will be persistent in doing it. I will also be patient, as it will atke time to get in a groove and get i right. And I will form some type of daily or weekly habit of dealing with that goal. If I can do that, then I will make some headway in reaching my goals.

With that said, my goals are to do better in my finances and my health and my writing. Much was done in the area of finances and writing last year, but not much in the area of health. I must get healthy. I have all the information and resources to do so but i am being a slacker. And if I want to live, slackness and laziness must go.

I plan in my writing to start submitting short stories. Will I get rejections? Yes. But the goal here is to learn how to subimt and to get good feedback. I have good material, and it's time to start submitting.

Healthwise: I plan to start eating better and to be consistent about it. Consistency is key. I plan to be active in the health initiative, and most of all, not give up on myself when I fall.

Finances: I am doing well in this area, in spite of dips and valleys here and there. I will keep better track of my status. With hard work, I can pay off my bills, getting closer to debt freedom.

What I won't tolerate:
I wount tolerate my job controlling my life. i wil not tolerate management's mind games and what they think of me to dictate wht I think and feel about me and myself. I am brillian and those who don't understand that can kiss my ass.

I will no tolerate other's people drama to ooze it's way into my life. There was problems with this in 2007 and I will not tolerate it in 2008. If it even smells like I'm about to be caught up or blamed for your crises then I am ghost. If I can be of some help, then fine, but there are people out there who love drama with a passion and expect me to share in that love.

For 2008, it's not going down.

Enough said,

Sincerely

Dr. Ladylee
.


Hmmm.... interesting.

I didn't have any set goals for 2008. I wanted to be debt-free going into 2009, but a few financial things sidelined me. I had the cash to take care of it, but is offset my goals. I am MUCH closer to that goal, but it will take the next 4-6 months to get there.

Healthwise, I didn't do as much as I'd like. I lost 20 pounds this year, and that was because I came down on one of my medications. So I guess that is something to celebrate. What I REALLY want to do is go vegetarian. I am virtually symptom free when have gone vegetarian some Januarys. This will help me much if I did, just to feel a lot better. But that takes HEART. I ain't got THAT much heart. (Maybe I do).

What was up with me and the drama rant? Man, I really hate a bunch of drama. Now there is a difference between us going through things and some outright drama, which, far as I'm concern, some people get off on. They feel like life is boring unless there is a bunch of "mess" going on. I am totally opposite. I don't need that. And I am NOT going to dragged into some questionable B.S. I had a couple of falling out with people this year. I was called all kind of stuff, lol. But, one thing I know is true: an emergency on your part don't constitute an emergency on my part. Heck, I am not really even fully prepared for my own emergencies!

HUMPH!!

With the job... man, I must say, as the days go by, the more I don't like my job. It ain't even about the job, but management REALLY sucks BAD. They like to look down on people, and it gets REAL old. Plus we got a new director this year, and dude has a Napoleon complex out of the world (which is hilarious, really). I've never been on a job this long (7 years), so part of it is that. I want to do something new, but they pay really good, and that's what has my feet stuck.

So, I must say that there is much to think about, especially now when I am going to do better about forming some concrete goals.

With that said, I will most definitely be writing a letter to myself for 2009.

3 comments:

  1. Cool. That's a great concept, Lee! I wish you well on your goals, chica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sistah LadyLee - I seentcha 'round the blog-way but don't get to your spot. So, here I am & I NEEDED this message u put down! Thanx (going off to write my letter to self, now;-). Happy Holidays 2 ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of writing a letter to yourself...and then getting the letter at the end of the year.

    The drama rant definitely had me raising a brow...thinking...what happened???? Lee always keeps it "smurfy"...so that confused me. LOL

    i wil not tolerate management's mind games and what they think of me to dictate wht I think and feel about me and myself Whew...this statement stands out for me. This is something I have to work on...especially now that lay offs are being handed down.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!