Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday Ramblings...

I didn't ramble last week, so thought I would ramble this week.

(Aren't YOU happy about THAT on a dreary Monday).

It is 60 degrees in the ATL, and the air is all heavy and soupy. Let's just say, I hurried up and got my butt to work this morning before a tornado had the chance to drop out of the sky and swoop me off to the Land of Oz.

This is the "gettin' sick" type weather, cold one day, hot the next. I can't stand it.

News of the weekend. Somebody tried to bust President Bush upside the head.



I heard on one of the newscast that dude is locked up and they are pleading for his life to be spared.

DANG.

I think they were exaggerating about that, because I haven't heard anybody else say that...

But imagine throwing some shoes at someone, and then having to hear about someone trying to get your life spared.

I bet dudes eyes got WIDE... I woulda been like "Yo, ya'll hold up, ain't like I was trying to shoot the President. Hold up, I was just playing!!"

LOL!!

They better make sure dude is not Al-Que.da. His Mama, his Daddy, his 2nd, 3rd and
4th cousins better not be Al-Que.da, or he's gonna be living the hard knock life!

My Weekend. Uneventful. The way I like it.

Terry called from his very Cheap Seats on Friday evening....

I was so tired after working like a Hebrew Slave all day... All I remember is

"LadyLee! Blah, Blah... Blah, Blah, Blah, BLAAAAAH!!!"

So Terry, call me back with the dates you will be in town. Or shoot me an email so I can write it down!

I usually go to church on Friday nights. I am strange... don't care to go on Sunday.

But I didn't this Friday night. I was BONE tired. I went and picked up some sushi, went home and went to bed.

On Saturday morning, I woke up around 5 a.m. This is the usual for me, because I am so happy I don't have to go to work, that I get up all early. (Yeah, that's stupid, but you know...)

So I get up to crochet. I have to finish The LBeezy's blanket this week, and I only need a good 10 hours to finish.

Someone starts ringing my doorbell at 8:15 a.m.

*crickets*

That's right: 8:15 a.m.

Of course I don't answer it. Whatever. Usually, whoever it is goes away.

But they kept leaning on the doorbell, for a good five minutes.

I decided to get up and answer it, with the intent of snapping HARD on whoever had the NERVE to be begging THAT early on a Saturday morning.

I swung the door open. It was one of the locals, Mr. Thomas, who takes care of my yard. I've told him time and time again that we don't answer the door, and he better catch us when we are outside. He usually takes a chance and rings it one good time, and then he comes back a few hours later.

But this time was different.

"What the heck you ringing my doorbell this early for, Man?" I yelled.

He held out his hand.

He had my raggedy cellphone, which I hadn't seen since Thursday.

"Your phone, it was in your front yard, girl," he said.

I felt BAD for yelling at him. REALLY bad.

"Thank you," was all I could say. I took it from him.

"You got something to eat?" he asked.

"Come back in an hour," I replied.

I fixed him some pancakes and sausage, and sent him on his way.

That's the least I could do for him returning my cellphone. He could've went and sold it or something.

That was the most interesting thing that happened this weekend.

I wanted to go to a basketball game on Saturday, but fell asleep (which is the usual case when I wake up so doggone early on Saturdays), and couldn't find my eyeglasses for a WHOLE hour. That was a BAD feeling. I almost panicked. By the time I found them, it was too late to head out. So I hung out around the house, did some chores, did some reading, and A LOT of crocheting.

That was the extent of my weekend. Hope you had a good one, or at least one that was more exciting than mine.

We're toning down the smurfiness at the House of LadyLee this week... 'Tis time for a bit of reflection and soul-searchin... Ladylee has a more serious side, you know.

With that said, a list of upcoming posts -

(And That Oldgirl Serenity30 is going to be REAL happy about this... she hates my smurfiness!)

1. The answer to my "Who are you?" question. (See last weeks list of questions). Serenity30 and That Southern Black Gal answered it, so I might as well MAN UP and stop being a PUNK and answer it too.

I'm not being a punk, I was just trying to FINISH answering the dang question. It was 12 pages long in my personal journal, but I will only post the first 3/4ths of page one. (12 pages is TOO longwinded, even for me, Man!)

2. In my journal writing group, we had to write a letter to ourselves back in January. We were to detail our goals for 2008, how we would reach them, and what we would absolutely NOT tolerate in 2008.

I found it... interesting.

I will post that letter.

3. I received the best holiday gift I've received as an adult, something that I would go so far as to say will help me have a better appreciation of the holiday season (which I've been known to dislike).

And it was HIGHLY intangible and unexpected at that...

Hmmm...

Stay tuned.

11 comments:

  1. I laughed until it hurt at ole "W" -- I'm still laughing... and will keep laughin' each time there is a replay-- this was some funny stuff...shoe flyin' in the air right at his jug head.. Old boy is quick...ducked outta the way fast--Where the hell was security...This was some funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me say this about that.

    It amazes me how much Muntazer al-Zaidi is being hailed as some sort of hero in Iraq. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure lots of people wouldn’t mind throwing a shoe at George Bush. But I don’t care who it is, that’s just not something you do if you want people outside your cause to see it your way.

    While they are playing patriotic music plastering Zaidi’s face all over the place, it makes everyone else say, “Be careful what you wish for.”

    George Bush will soon be gone and President Obama will withdraw all of our troops. Then the shoe slingers will have it, all of it, to kill and decimate as they please. Iraq will become one big giant cauldron of chaos and killing. Zaidi showed us what we are dealing with here. People who simply don’t have a clue. We’ll leave and they kill each other, and that’s just the way it’s gonna be.

    Nothing good will come from the Bush social experiment. In fact, it will become the biggest problem for the next Administration after the economy. It’s going to get bad, really bad, and they don’t have enough shoes in that country to turn the tide one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cyncere Sister... Stop laughing at that president, gal!! Shame on you!!!

    But he did duck quick. And did you see those secret service agents pour out that back room? LOL!!

    Ain't NO way I woulda went over to Iraq and I only had 5 weeks left as president. I'm would've been sitting in the comfort of the White House, doing some video salutes to the troops.

    I bet he bounced after that happened. "Take me back to the USA!"

    @Terry... Thanks for your view from the good Ol' Cheap Seats!!

    We should leave... get the heck out of dodge. People throwing shoes at OUR president: after we taking care of them. We should BOUNCE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single time I see that clip of Bush getting them shoes hurled at his head I holler laughing like I have never seen it before, lol. He is GANGSTER!! But real talk, where was secret service? How did he get off 2 shoe shots? What if that had been a gun? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laugh when I see it, but it is really very sad that someone would disgrace the most powerful leader in the world that way. That tells you a whole lot about what the world thinks of the US.

    Obama has got his work cut out for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Leezie...I, uh...found your crochet needles on your porch. Got some cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hold up - 60 degrees? Girl, it's 10 degrees here today and I think 18 is supposed to be the high!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm This is where the Who am i? post originated huh... Such a great idea. Serious self reflection.

    i laughed SO hard at Bush. I was kinda mad he moved in time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the shoo footage never gets old. NEVA.

    that said, it is disconcerting that the cat got off TWO shoes at the prez before he was subdued. was secret service slacking or were they like "good riddance"?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really worthwhile data, much thanks for your article.
    business casual women | where is Fiji | club shoes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Benedick8:18:00 AM

    Gosh, there is a great deal of effective info here!
    bubble skirt | tiered skirt | spotting during pregnancy

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!