Tuesday, December 16, 2008

WHO Are YOU?

"Who Are You?" is a simple phrase, a simple question.

9 letters.
3 words.

But put together, these simple words ask a complex question . I find it difficult to answer in a few words.

I am a culmination of everything I've ever said, everything that has been said to me, everything I've ever done, and everything that's ever been done to me.

I am like a whole pie- and there are so many pieces to me.

I am a friend.
I am a sister.

I am a daughter.
I am an ex-wife.
I am a writer.
I am a chemist.
I am a doctor.
I am an enemy.
I am quietly compassionate.
I am oftern angry with and disappointed in myself.
I am undercover lazy.
I am a woman living with a chronic illness.
I am God's beloved.

I look at the many pieces of me, at this point and time in my life, and I realize I have been strong and gifted in many areas, and I've fallen short in others...

Okay, that is all you are getting.

*Serenity30's eyes roll so hard that they roll right out of her head and onto the floor.*
*Southern Black Gal chases LadyLee with a BIG baseball bat.*

Both of you gals can chill out...

No, I took each one of those areas, and went into seering detail.

12 pages worth. Found things within some that disturbed me, and I will write more on those subjects during my Christmas vacation.

Them 12 longs pages... That's for my eyes only.

MAN! That is a HARD question to answer in only a few words. There is SO much to me, to who I am. Anyone who hasn't tried to answer that question, sit down and do it. Especially if you are feeling a bit down on yourself.

Sometimes, you just need to sit down and sketch out WHO YOU ARE to really appreciate WHO YOU ARE.

Because who you are is not who the world says you are.

But I tell you what, Southern Black Gal or Serenity30. You know I'll do anythang for ya'll, right?

Pick one area, and I may post what I have written. (That will be hard for Serenity, since she knows me like the back of her hand, lol)

(Heavy emphasis on MAY POST... HUMPH)

[... I SEE you LBeezy. Stop giving me the gas face, gal!]

18 comments:

  1. I will give you a pass, but I want to see what you have to say about being quietly compassionate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...what's up with that?? Can I pick an area also???

    I'd like to hear about being God's beloved. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job Old Gal...

    Very well written...12 pages Huh?

    Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this post!

    i wish i had added "undercover lazy" to my list. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am attempting to answer the questions. (and I actually updated my blog)
    But after reading yours, I see that I have wimped out when it comes to really digging deep.
    Damn you Ladylee! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have still done more than me. I have been trying to answer this one question for a week. So far all I have gotten is a really cute doodle of a puppy in the margins on the page, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:32:00 PM

    I wasn't ready for a short post. I just knew there would be a part 2 and 3.

    I never knew about the chronic illness so I'll like to read about that. If you are up to sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...as usual you have given us much to think about. I will have to sit down and make the time to answer that question. I mean to really dig deep. You may make me keep a journal after all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Serenity30... I'll do that, honey chile!

    @That Oldboy Hassan... Shorty, why you trying to take it DEEPER? I swear, between you and that dayum Terry... goodness.

    @Ms.Blackliterature.com...

    How you blast out of LURK CITY and make some requests, you LURKER?

    Okay, I will post about being "God's beloved"...

    Now go sit ya tail back down over next to your Highness, the Queen of Lurk City, Tayari Jones.

    HUMPH.

    @Cyncere Sister...What's up Cyncere Sister? Where is Bobby?

    Haaaaaaa Haaaaa!!!

    @Patrice... No one is more undercover lazy than me. If I would get my butt into gear, I would be President of the USA by now. LOL!!!

    @The Bball Mama...Man up, Bball Mama, and answer the question. Man up!!! And glad you updated your blog! I have to go have a look-see!

    @The Infamous LA... shoot girl... La, you so deep, yours is just going to be a bunch of symbols, like the prince symbol... Stuff you can't pronounce!

    @That Southern Black Gal... Oooh chile, that is a hard one to write about. But never wrote about my disease over in these parts. I shall be brave, my dear, and JUST DO IT.

    @The Green Eyed Bandit... My Fearless Gang leader of the Financial Freedom Fighters raises her head out of LURK CITY.

    *Lee twists fingers into the FFF gang sign*

    You know, this is a scary question to answer, but it will show you what you think of yourself and if you write long enough, exactly what's in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This question scares me. I avoid answering it at all costs. But I think I may just take a stab at it before the year is out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I want to do this post. I'm saving this and a couple of other ideas for those days when there is nothing to blog about(like today)..

    How have you been doing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @that Original Oldgirl Chele... Answer the dang question, Chelly-Chele (lol). Don't put it on blog. Answer it for yourself. Then highlight one sentence that catches your attention...

    Then go write 3 pages on that. You will not only find out what is in your heart, but doggonit, you figure out what you need to pray about. And that's what's hot right there!

    If not for no other reason, do it for THAT, honey chile...

    @Keith... Dude, you don't have to answer that question. Your posts are set up where you answer that in every doggone post! You know I'm right! That's why I love your blog!

    I have been fine. The Oppressor is working me like a Hebrew slave. I do not appreciate this. Me and my boss have been giving each other the gas face. But I will be OFF for 2 weeks after Friday. GLORY!

    Hope er'thang is cool with you, Man:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you did pretty good considering the level of difficulty. I bet most of us couldn't do it either, myself included.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Como say what??? This did not take me an hour to read??? What is wrong with this world??? Well, it was concise. You; however, aren't concise. LOL.

    **Gas faces abound**

    ReplyDelete
  15. First off, I never asked the questions for anyone to agonize over...Lee, com’on now Partna, don’t get to cerebral with it.

    It’s a reference point. Basic problem solving; you can’t get where you want to be, if you don’t know where you are. And you can’t be who you want to be, if you don’t know who you are.

    See, that’s simple right?

    By the way, for the record…I like who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Brother's Blog... Really though.

    @That Original Olgirl The LBeezy... **Gas face** back at cha, Gal.

    @Terry perched on his Cheap Seat...

    *Lee snatches Terry's glass of scotch and hurls it into the fireplace*

    Yeah, that's an old Dynasty Joan Collins move right there. LOL. Pour yo'self another glass so that I can do it again!

    This is the issha, Terry:

    What is normal for you, is deeply cerebral for me.

    It amazes me that we are scared to answer this question. We're in a rat race everyday, and cannot answer the question succinctly and and with vigor.

    I want to erase that... for myself, at the very least.

    You don't know what your questions have done for me to get me focused on what's IMPORTANT and what MATTERS, bruh. You really don't.

    So let me be "cerebral", Boo.

    We working on some thangs here.

    A'ight???

    ReplyDelete
  17. "I am often angry with and disappointed in myself."

    I do this often. I'm not sure if this is self-inflicted, a mild case of paranoia or if it's God's way of making me more aware.

    By the way, I like you just the way you are. But do you girl!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!