Saturday, December 20, 2008

I am God's Beloved

An entry from my personal journals, from my WHO are YOU? post, posted from my personal journals, per Ms.Blackliterature.com, one of the most nicest people I've met this year:)



I am God's beloved.

This is true, whether I feel like it is or not.

For feelings change like the weather. God does not.

Being God's beloved has to be true, since I am sitting here breathing, and the blood is running warm through my veins.

When I am down, which is not often, I spend time reciting out loud, all the things that God has seen me through in my 38 years. I don't get very far into the "all", because before I can, I faith has been jump started, and my fears have been quenched.

I have a laundry list as long as the distance from here to the moon of all the things he has done for me and mine... including things I don't even know about.

There has been nothing like praying about a matter and getting a definitive answer quickly, the next day, in the next moment, even. This has been a year that I have asked God what's in my heart, to show me my heart, my true self. I have been shocked by some things that I have seen, and happy about things in my heart that were good.

Right now, it's a matter of extinguishing that which is harmful, growing that which is beneficial...

... and having the wisdom to know and understand the subtle differences.



That had to be the shortest entry from the Who are You answer. Maybe because this is something I write much about in my journals often. A large portion of my journals are about prayers and answered prayers and spiritual matters in general.

So alas, my thoughts on it, on where I am in life right now concerning it, are short and succinct.

So uh-rah, we have two more requests to go...

Southern Black Gal wants to know about my chronic illness... I have not posted on that over here at the House of LadyLee before. I must admit, that will take a little courage. I will definitely do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!