Monday, December 01, 2008

Monday Morning Ramblings, Part 26291

Good Monday Mernting, Party People...

More like Good Monday Moaning.

I know we all ate too much. We all need to be burped. We all need to drink plenty of water, eat plenty of fruit and vegetables (for that fiber, you know).

... And we all need a good laxative, or two.

Time to get back in the saddle, ya'll... Get back on track! LOL

"Staycation". My 5 day "Stay-cation" was nice. Had a very nice thanksgiving, and I got A LOT of rest (I will post on that tomorrow, I suppose). I meant to get a few things done around the house, but oh well... it's all good. I didn't participate in Black Friday activities. The Christmas Budget is $100.00. So I better plan very well.

I spoke with the LBeezy this weekend for an hour, which is always a good thing, because that chick cracks me up. I am still trying to contact the Queen of Lurk City, but my goodness, finding her is like looking for Waldo. (I think she has handlers now, and I don't want them cussing me out. I don't want to catch a beat-down, either).

Ah, the life of a fan is hard one, lol... I will keep trying. She better be careful, though. She's gonna jump in a taxi, and I'm going to be the driver! LOL!

I've been reading my book club book, The Shack, which is REALLY good. Thank goodness, because I haven't been intranced by the last several book club books.

I didn't get ANY writing done, despite having done a little longhand writing a couple of weeks ago. I have NO idea why I am being trifling in that aspect, but I managed to do much thinking, and I made a decision on what stories I want to mail out this month. So I guess that's a good thing, isn't it?

Monday. Fortunately, I won't be going to work today. I have a doctor appointment. My doctor is leaving the country in a couple of weeks. (That woman KNOWS how to go on vacation. I hear some of her fascinating European and Asian tales while she gives me my monthly checkup). We all better get our butts in there and see her, basically. Because once she bounces, she BOUNCES hard.

I HATE Monday appointments. Let's just say, this is the day that uh... how can I say this and be politcally correct? Hmmm... This is the day the uh, poor working class whites come in for their appointments. My doctor moved to the deep southside of the Metropolitan ATL area (Henry county, down that way), and this seems to be the clientele. They all get together and come in on Mondays.

I have an interesting post about stuff I've overheard in that place on a Monday if I can figure out how to write it.

So let's just say I prefer a good Tuesday appointment. I have another one next Tuesday, so that is cool.

Anyway, on to other random stuff.

Best posts of November: Heavy on my Mind by Aunt Jackie. Aunt Jackie reflects here on the death of her sister. What a moving post. I don't know if I could've written anything like this.

Another great post, by Ol' Terry from his Cheap Seats: Lessons in a Tear, about his lunch with a homeless woman name Christie. Terry has such a good heart. I want to be like you when I grow up someday, Terry!

Craziest post I read in November: Urban Myth by the Infamous La. This post tripped me out. See, this is the type of stuff that incites domestic violence. HUMPH. (And it's a reminder to google yourself periodically to see what's up.)

Quotes of the month: One from La's Urban Myth, linked above:

"But whether we like it or not, it's the things we hide that detail who we really are. It's our silences, not our words, that shade people's perception of us, add dimension. If the things we don't say are a shade of gray, consider our secrets the long shadows we cast."

That's some deep off the pages ish right there. I am a terribly silent and to-myself type of girl. Folks make some assumptions that have me scratching my head, but that explains a few of the troubles and run-ins I've had this year. Hmm... I may or may not write about that.

Anyway, I hope to post everyday this week. We will see.

Have a good week... on purpose.

7 comments:

  1. i hope that you have a great day also.

    glad that you enjoyed your vacay. im next hopefully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so today you get poked and proded.

    Er...ah, I'm talking about the Doctor. Any other poking and proding that takes place is well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:55:00 PM

    You have a good day too.

    I'm dropping a couple of books off at the library later today. I will pick up The Shack. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hate doctors appointments period. They always make you wait forever in those rooms. #1 then #2, lol.

    And lol @ the laxitive. Ill. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dreamy...

    Hey Mami! Sorry your black tail had to work on Thanksgiving! You a cop, so you have to protect us! Thanks for that!

    @Terry...

    *Lee snatches cigar from Terry and throws it in his swimming pool*

    (LOL)

    @That Southern Black Gal...

    It's a good book, highly emotional. Starts off slow, but when it picks up, it really takes off. It's definitely worth reading, has me thinking.

    @Brothers Blog...

    I don't like that whole waiting in the waiting room THEN waiting in the room #1 once you go in the back. THEN I have to wait to have a ton of bloodwork done.

    And Monday's are "poor working whites" day, and honey, it is NO joke. They are a bit rowdy when they have to wait too long, to the point where I have whispered to my doctor, "You know, you need to do something before they start fighting and rioting out there!"

    Dude, you know we all need a laxative. Especially the folks who got down with the chittlins.

    Really though.

    LOL LOL LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lady..Thanks for stopping by my blog today..Sorry I'm getting here so late..I personally wish that Monday were part of the weekend...but then we'd have Tuesday Morning ramblings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quote of the month...STUNNING! I need to copy and discern. Yes copy and discern.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!