Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy Monday Evening

You know...

I should've done my normal Happy Monday Morning Post.

But things stopped that from happening.

1. I haven't been all that happy and smurfy. I'm a bit anxious and emotional and frustrated. I chalk it up to a case of PMS. That is all.

2. I didn't have an earth shattering weekend. Well my weekends are never earth-shattering. Long long gone are my days of partying and dranking. There wasn't much ripping and running as usual. I pretty much stuck around the house. VERY rare, and it was something I needed.

3. I woke up late this morning. I didn't get up at my usual 5:45 a.m.. I usually manage to get myself together at that time and go walking for a good hour somewhere. I usually come back and do a post, lay around for a minute, eat breakfast. Not this morning. I made the mistake of taking a Tylenol PM last night and that was all she wrote. I heard the 5:45 alarm but I must've turned it off.

Next thing I know it was broad daylight.

Then my best friend LadyTee called.

She wanted to know if she could come over.

"What?" I said, my voice still heavy with sleep. "Now?"
"Yeah, girl. I just dropped my Mama off at jury duty."
I stretched and yawned. "I'm still in the bed, man."

Like she cared. LOL

I was laying there, looking crazy, still high off the tylenol PM. So I got up, and straigtened up a tad, which consisted of only removing the neatly folded laundry from the living room sofa where I was had folded it just before bed.

She showed up a few minutes later. (I live downtown, so if you're downtown, you're only a few minutes from my house). That was around 8 o'clock.

Me and my best friend rarely see each other. She's busy, I'm busy. So you get in where you can. We met up at church together about a month ago. That was the last time I've seen her.

But we caught up on life. We talked as I schleped around and got ready for work. She watched me fix my lunch of braised swiss chard and cannellini beans; my snacks of fresh cut fruit and a cherry almond muffin, and my quart of spring water.

I showed her an interesting new bread I'd found, a whole grain wheat bread coated in nuts and seeds and sweetened with honey, made by a local bakery. I made us a breakfast of cheese toast and blood orange juice. (I didn't think she would like my regular oatmeal and fruit, lol).

I wish I could've called in to work, and tell my boss that I would be late. But that would be pure drama. And I wasn't in the mood for that.

But we parted ways at 10 o' clock.

That was a great 2 hours. 2 hours of my mundane morning routine.

It's been really, I don't know, strange living alone. Quiet. Spending much time alone with my thoughts. That is sometimes good and not so good.

No, I'm not a cat lady. I rarely talk to Oscar-Tyrone. (He knows he's furniture).

But it was wonderful to share the mundaneness of my mornings with my best friend.

And for that reason, and that reason alone.

This Monday morning was... no, this Day of the Week that every one dreds, this Monday was very...

Happy.

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering where was my post :) I was giving you until the morning before I sent the search party.

    I am glad you were able to catch up with Tee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going through an adjustment period. It might take a minute for you to get in the swing. It seems as if your BFF sensed that you needed to see her. Don't you love that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:32:00 AM

    Hahaha @ Oscar-Tyrone being furniture.

    That bread sounds delicious. And what is blood orange juice? Never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is the name of the local bakery that carries the bread? please tell...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @TGEB... I'll probly be posting in the evening. I do too much stuff in the mornings. Gotta prioritize!

    @Chele... yeah I love it!

    @Southern Black Gal... Oscar is the ex-husband's cat. He better be glad he have somewhere to stay.

    Look out for a post on blood oranges.

    @Good Nurse... I'll post that for you. It's local, but on the Alabama border. They sell it in Whole foods. Look out for that post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terence8:52:00 PM

    Wow, there's so much worthwhile information here!
    coral dresses | sex secretary | leopard flats

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!