Tuesday, July 27, 2010

LIVE from Little Rock!

It's me!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Oldgirl!

Coming to you LIVE.

From FARMVILLE!

LOL!!

Coming to you live from Little Rock, Arkansas!

I'm not here for vacation... I'm here for a week for work.

I DETEST traveling for work's sake.

But it's all good. I needed to get away from our lab. I'm in another lab right now, but that's okay. They're much nicer out here. A WHOLE lot of conversating going on. People are quite knowledgable, and I'm learning alot. And that's a good thing.

The BESTEST thang about being here is that I got a chance to meet the Lil' Rocker, the T.I. Jocker, That Southern Black Gal!!

*lee does a back flip*

I'm a big fan of hers, been reading her blog for years and years and years.

She picked me up in her drug dealer tinted down truck and ran me up to the Whole Foods. Where prices are like, 25% cheaper than in the ATL! GLORY.

I was happy to see her. I was hollering "This is like meeting Janet Jackson!!!"

Then I started singing "CONTROL!"

(I know she was like, uh, lee is a bit strange.)

LOL

It was great to meet her. Live and in person. And her son was mean mugging me like he should. She got that boy straight. He don't fool with no strangers. And he did a GREAT job pushing my cart at the Whole Foods.

I spent 50 bucks, and I'm straight for dinner for the week. (This means I may be able to pocket some of my per diem. GLORY!)

I love the hotel. Got some pics coming up soon.

So I'll holler... Gotta get up outta here, and go get this complimentary breakfast bar! Oh joy!

Then make the 45 minute drive deep out into the countrified area for work. *gas face*

8 comments:

  1. The great thing about blogging is that you can pretty much meet people so that wherever you go, you'll know someone.. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad ya'll two got to hook up.

    Hmmmm, lab is nicer and the cost of living is cheaper ... could there be a move in your future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you two got to meet.

    BTW, I love the title of this post for some reason...sounds like you were about to put on a concert, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you made there safely. I was hoping the change in scenery would do you some good. Glad you were able to hook up with one of your virtual friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a 45 minute drive to the job? Is the traffic that bad, or is it in farm country?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:35:00 PM

    LOL. Lee is so funny!

    Remnants, she has to drive to farm country. She told me the name of the town and I was like "never heard of that place". Never heard of it because the population is 200.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:49:00 PM

    woman ur havin a good time!
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ That chicken Serenity_30... have fun? Man, I like being away from home, but ain't much fun to be had. I'm pretty much done with what I wanted to do down here, but I got 3 more days! I will make the best of it.

    @Freedom Chele ... Oh noooo. Not moving down here. Nope, they ain't riding horseback through the woods here, but I like the ATL!

    @Miss Not so Anon... LIVE for Little Rock! Yeah, that do sound hot. Glad I got a chance to meet the T.I. Jocker, too!

    @The green eyed bandit... Yeah, it is helping being away from my own lab. Toooo much craziness going on up in that camp. The only thing-- I havent been doing my daily 2 mile walks. I feel a bit sluggish. Sigh.

    @Remnants of U... Man! We pretty much going against traffic and out to the countryside. It's like going out of town. Over 30 miles of highway, and then deeeeeep into the backwoods for about 10 miles. We made it to work in 40 minutes today. Tomorrow I'm shooting for 35 minutes. Pedal to the Metal, babes!

    @That Southern Black Gal... I WAS GLAD TO MEET YOU OLDGIRL! It was like meeting Janet Jackson! LOL

    You alright with me, Gal. You is good peoples. I don't know many folks who would pick me up when it's dark and in the nasty rain, and take me to the store. And you made that boy push the buggy.

    *Lee getting all weepy and pulling out her crying towel and Oma Church fan*

    You have a safe trip back to the Lou. And have a safe trip back to us here in Farmville, too.

    @Viv... Now if it was vacay, and I didn't have to get up every morning at 5:30am... then it would be a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!