Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Holiday Weekend Highlighrs

I tell you, this has been the busiest holiday weekend ever!

I never knew (or cared to be) so popular.

For some reason, I thought it would be a weekend of relaxation. I got a tad bit, but not much. I wish I could call in for tomorrow, but my boss would show up at my house and drag me to work, lol. So I will get my tail up and go on in.

Anyway, much went on. Waaay to much to mention, to the point of having to turn a lot of activites and people down (and I am sorry about that). Oddly enough, the mornings have been very cool, in the low 60s, and this has made for comfortable walking. Nothing like seeing the sunrise everyday, too. I attended church on Sunday, which is always good. I ran a TON of errands. (I hate that I save this 'til the weekends. Ugh.) I spent Monday with my Auntie, which is something I always look forward too.

Haven't seen my sister since she moved, so we got together to hurl bowling balls down gutters and lanes over at Midtown Bowling!




This is a great alley. Music isn't too loud, and it's a good mix of people.

Beginning score:


And that's as good as it gets. (And we were laughing over the whole "Key" name for Kentucky. Kentucky's nickname is "Kay", lol)

I was not all that happy about being on lane #1, next to the wall, but oh well...

I beat Kentucky in three games.







Yes, little sister will never beat her big sister. NEVER.

LOL.

But that was a lot of time. My back hurts like hell, but it was worth it. Haven't talked to my sister much, and let's just say... uh, I don't miss the family drama, as she was my only source for such. (I'm like a UFO when it comes to fam, you rarely see me, and it don't help that we don't have family gatherings).

Glad all is well with sis. This may be a n ongoing thing for us. A good way to unwind.

But I had a great weekend, chocked full of things I love to do, and people I love to see.

And that's all I can ask.

And I hope you also had a great Holiday weekend.

4 comments:

  1. "Key"'s not much of a bowler, huh?

    Glad you had a great weekend, Miss Popularity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Green Eyed Bandit2:06:00 PM

    Glad you had a good weekend. I am going to have to crash one of your bowling weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I wanna see you on them lanes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:26:00 AM

    Well I am fast approaching your score. I have been practicing and bowled a personal best and got tips from people who took Bowling 101 in college. 79--we will see next month who wins.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!