Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Power of Afro Sheen

Over on Twitter from time to time, when the chicks with the "naturals" get to talking about their hair and hair issues, I like to post a tweet chant:

"Twist Out! Bantu Knots! CooooooWasssssh!!!"

'Tis my way of participating in the conversation.

But I will ruffle feathers when I make a suggestion for dry hair. In the midst of convos about coconut oil and shea butter and olive oil, I'll throw in:

"A little Pink Oil or some Ultra sheen afro sheen cosmetics will help!"

That causes it a small stir. Because Pink Oil and Afro Sheen are not great for natural hair.

Anyway, I was telling one of the tweeters that a new afro sheen grease has come out.




I said I'd see what brand it was, and it contains tea tree oil! That should be good enough for the chicks with natural hair, right?

Wrong!

LOL

So, back to the drawing board, Ultra sheen. Work it out!

This all reminded me of Saturday mornings and Soul Train.

And the Afro Sheen commercials.

I remember hollering many a time "Mommie, when I grow up, I want a Afro like THAT!"

So I hope you enjoy these commercials as much as I did!



5 comments:

  1. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I miss Saturday mornings and Soul Train, and sitting in front of the stove so my Mom could burn my ears, I mean hot comb my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Ha! Yeah Saturday mornings & Soul Train...that was my routine too, great times.

    These commercials were hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha! That grease is so ugly...I just cannot comprehend that pink color. LOL!

    Those afros almost make me want to grow my hair back out. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with yall...I miss Saturday mornings with Soul Train

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!