Monday, July 26, 2010

Life's View

(If you're reading this, it means that I don't have an internet connection out in Arkansas. So I scheduled a couple of posts... enjoy)

I know last week, well, the last few weeks, I've been feeling like this.




I saw that pic over on Tha Blackrageous One's spot. His name is Charles, and he'd gotten into her glass of Crown, and well...

Charles was a mess.

Just like me.

She gave me permission to use that picture. I must admit it does say alot.

But I saw my cat Oscar-Tyrone looking out the window the other day.


And I thought, Hmmm... the Oscar has the right idea.

Sometimes, you gotta just sit down, be very still, get quiet, and enjoy the view.

Life's view, that is...

And I need to make sure I'm being still, and taking time to enjoy life's view.

And it made me think of a couple of things that went well last week. Things that made me happy.

1. A friend needed some advice on an issue. I couldn't do anything except what I usually do: listen. But I thought of another friend who may have had the same issues. I called that friend and asked if they would talk to the friend with the problem. I hooked them up, and I hope that it was helpful.

That is one thing I've noticed about myself over the past couple of years. I don't have a large quantity of friends, but I have a high quality of friends. We don't talk much (I tend to be a loner), but they know they can pick up a phone or I can pick up a phone in a time of need, and it's all good.

I like that.

2. I finished a pivotal chapter in the manuscript I'm working on. I've been doing a TON of writing lately, something like 500 words a night. For some reason, it gives me solace. That don't seem like much, but over time, that is A LOT. I had to stop all that for a couple of weeks because I needed to edit. Well last week, I finished that, and gave my chapters to one of my favorite readers, and she loved it and we had a very good conversation about it. That made me smile.

3. My hair is growing. Well it seems to be. I have a form of alopecia brought on by my lupus, so I would guess my hair grows at 10% of the rate as everybody elses. But it seems to be growing. Not sure what that's about. But I'm cool with that.

It is one of the reasons that I love hearing women talk about their hair. I can never talk about my own, and I love when other women can do something nice with theirs. I can live vicariously through their convos. I can't say I worry about my hair. That would be vain of me. I could have worse problems related to my lupus, and if hair is one of the problems, this is cool, because it ain't painful or debilitating.

But my hair seems to be growing. And I like that.

Yes, I have more things to be happy about. Those stood out.

Life's view is interesting. Sort of like looking through a prism. Gotta turn it just right to get the best view.

And I plan on doing more of that.

A good lesson I've learned from that Original Oldcat Oscar-Tyrone.

Interesting what you learn from a cat, ain't it? lol

1 comment:

  1. I loved what you said about not having a high quantity of friends, but rather a high quality. I'd have to say that the same is true for me.

    Enjoy your time in Arkansas!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!