Monday, July 19, 2010

A Milk and Cookies JUNIOR Birthday

So...

This was a pretty good weekend. It was HOT as usual, plus we had a little rain to cool things off. And that was good.

And there was one highlight. I attended the 1st birthday party of my brutha Milk and Cookies lil' man Milk and Cookies Jr.

He was born a preemie.
But he has come along just fine.


He had two birthday cakes.





I didn't get many good pictures. But here are some...









I was suprised he kept that hat on. But he didn't care for it later on, and it came off.

That was my first time seeing my nephew. It felt good to hold him and to feed him. He seems to be a good child. He was particulary enamored with my cell phone, camera, and chin. (Not sure about the latter, but that was funny).

All this reminded me of a special 1st birthday some 21 years ago. Here's an old picture of Milk and Cookies Senior's first birthday



His Daddy is still in Iraq and will be home in early August. There will be a homecoming party for him then. I think that it'll be a little after his 22nd birthday.

Happy Birthday, Lil' Milk and Cookies Junior. Definitely good to meet you on your special day.

7 comments:

  1. I am glad you got a chance to see your nephew. He looks like his daddy. I had to check the background at this weekend's pictures and the one from 21 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nephew is adorable. It's amazing how much he looks like his Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! The pictures of Jr. and Sr. wonderful. It's nice that you were able to see him and get together with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:37:00 AM

    He is so cute.

    He really looks like his daddy when he was a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your nephew and brother look just alike. That was a great weekend treat for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:13:00 PM

    I can't believe you still had photos from your brother's 1 yr old party! I must not have had a party b/c I ain't never seen any pics~! hmph
    S23

    ReplyDelete
  7. He does look like his daddy. He's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!