Friday, December 31, 2010

Friday Freestyles: "Last Day of 2010

It's Friday...

And I'm LAAAAAAAZZZZZZZYYY!

Because I am off today.

Alas... It is the last day of the Year. The very last day of 2010.

I can't say that I'm sad to see it go.

As the old saying goes... Out with the old! In with the new.

It's 65 degrees today in the ATL. It's so nice that I opened the kitchen windows and let a little of the warm breeze flow through the house.

I am glad for the warm weather.

Because on Christmas day, it was looking a little something like this:










Yeah! We had a cherished White Christmas in the ATL. OH JOY!

Ya'll up north can have that snow. LadyLee is NOT dreaming of a White Christmas. LadyLee is dreaming of a Sunny 75 degree Christmas.

Anyway, I didn't get a chance to wrtie about Christmas. It wasn't a big production or anything. I simply hung out with my sister alllll day, eating and watching movies. I made a chicken and andouille sausage cornbread dressing. I also mad a crawfish cornbread dressing. She hooked up some collard greens, ham, chicken and sweet potatoes and a peach pie.

A laid back day. I remember laying on the couch saying "This is the absolute most laziest day I've had allll year."

LOL

This whole holiday season has caught me off guard something terrible because I WORKED. I didn't take any time off, and this whole week I was in charge (bleh).

So.... let's just say, I haven't been all "Fa-la-la-laaaaa!"

And that's cool... Let's just say next year I'm taking off.

On a high note... I worked hard during the holidays because I want to take a month off for my birthday. The whole month.

LOL.

Can I pull it off? I don't know? My birthday is February 7.

I'll be 41 years old.

I want to take off from February 7-March 4th.

I have a long cruise the latter part of that month.

I want to do 2 more small trips in addition to that.

Hark!

Is that enough of a 2011 goal for you?

LOL

Yeah, that's a goal.

I don't make resolutions. An Oldgirl needs a new year REVELATION.

Something so powerful that it will change my thinking. Change my thinking, and I change my life.

2010 is coming to an end... I don't have any hoopla.

The most memorable thing for me was going debt free minus the house. Now that was the highlight of my year.

I became a better listener this year. You'd be amazed the amount of people who just need someone to just listen. I learn much about my ownself when I listen.

I make sure to listen. But I want to do better in 2011.

The best thing and most amazing thing to me that happened in 2010 is making it through a whole year and seeing 2011.

You realize how many folk didn't make it this far?

If you are reading this, you did. If you didn't accomplish anything else this year, you can say that you've lived to see another year. Yeah, I know we have 4 more hours. But still. We are virtually there.

So that's all for freestyle fridays. Yes, I have goals. I may or may not post them. We shall see...

But for now... Out with the old... In with the New.

ON PURPOSE.

See you in 2011.

2 comments:

  1. New Year revelations. Yes I like that!
    Thank you for sharing your ideas and intellect with us!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Oldgirl!!! We made it to see another year! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!