Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

Half of the year is GONE. Can you believe that? Today is JULY 1. Where has the time gone?

Today it will be 90 degrees in the ATL. Summer is officially here.

Today I looked at my pay stub and I see we got our bonus. This is great. I don't think we've had a bonus in a few years. So you know what that means... BALL TILL I FALL. (Yeah right).

I think this is a good time to sit down and make up some goals for the remainder of the year. I am kind of strange in that I don't sit down and make goals. I am not sure why. If I do, then they are daily and/or short term. But I always amazed at the things I get done. I could be getting more done, though.

Current song playing on my spotify playlist as I sit and type this...  SOS band's "No One's Gonna Love You"


 
I have to go to the store this afternoon. A couple of the youngsters in our group are going away for training for 3 weeks, and they want chocolate chip cranberry pecan cookies. I have no eggs, no butter, no flour... sheesh. They will be away at training for 3 weeks... at some place on the beach... 15 minutes from Miami. This is not good. One of them is making a run up to the amusement parks... and the other is probably gonna find some rappers, get wasted, and shoot a few rap videos... or "flicks". O_o.  Uh, let's just say I told them to call me if they get locked up. Me and a couple of the other chemists will roll down there and bail them out.

I have no plans for the 4th of July weekend. And I am fine with that. I need a 3 or 4 day weekend to just catch up on some little projects around the house. I am so slow, forever doing chores.

I may even get some writing in this weekend. I have been editing some stories from the blog for a couple of anthology ideas. And I need to sit down and rewrite "Jawbreaker"... again. The more drafts the better. And I hate editing, but heck, it has to be done. 


I have a few friends going through some hard and confusing times right now. That makes me so sad. I actually shed some tears when I woke up this morning. And I ain't the weepy type. I think I am sad because so many memories of my past issues and mistakes have come flooding back to mind like I just experienced them yesterday. I wish I could be more helpful... but all I can do is listen and not judge. And offer the advice that I offer these days: everything is temporary... just like a hairdo. Things will work themselves out.  They always do. This too shall pass.

Sister Callie Jo's weight doubled in the last 3 weeks. She went from 1.25 pounds to 2.7 pounds. I've had to adjust her collar a couple of times so she doesn't choke.


I miss the little kitten that was so small that I could hold her in the palm of my hand. But now, the little kitten is becoming a CAT... very fast.  Sigh.

That's it for Ten Tuesday thoughts... Lord knows I have more. This could have been 20 Tuesday thoughts.

But I will save those thoughts for another day.

As for now, you have a great afternoon... on purpose.

4 comments:

  1. Chocolate chip cranberry cookies sound good and yes, yes you do need to edit Jawbreaker. Did I tell you l looked for it AGAIN on Amazon?

    I too have a friend going through hard times and I'm getting teary as I type this. I just finished writing a card to her and I'm gonna drop it in the mail on my way home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still working on it... the more drafts the better. Indeed.

      Delete
  2. Hey Lee!!! I miss you my tomorrow friend!

    I thought about doing a Ten Random Thoughts Tuesday yesterday, but I got side tracked. I still may do it for Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!