Thursday, December 31, 2015

End of the Year Quotes, Part V: The Success Indicator

My cousin put up a "Success Indicator" on her Instagram. You might have to double click to blow up the picture to read it clearly. I listed them out under the chart.

It is definitely an eye-opener.

Successful people
Have a sense of gratitude, compliment, forgive others, accept responsibility for their failures, keep a journal, want others to succeed, keep a "to be" list, set goals and develop life plans, continuously learn, operate from a transformational perspective, keep a "to do/project" list, embrace change, exude joy, share information and data, talk about ideas, read everyday, and give other people credit for their victories.

Unsuccessful people
Criticize, hold a grudge, blame others for their failures, say they keep a journal but really don't, think they know it all, operate from a transactional perspective, secretly hope others fail, Don't know what they want to be, never set goals, exude anger, horde information and data, talk about people, fly by the seat of their pants, fear change, watch TV everyday, take all the credit for their victories, and have a sense of entitlement.

I have qualities on each side of the diagram. I am happy to say that I have many on the successful side, and only a few on the unsuccessful side.

At least I know I am growing...

And I have a better idea of what I need to work on in the upcoming New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!