Friday, December 11, 2015

Friday Freestyles

Friday!

The end of another week!

Glory!

I have been busy as usual, all week long. I had to learn a new method this week, so that has had me running.

I also had a dentist appointment this week. Everything is all good. A filling fell out and I will holler at them in  January.

I even had my regular doctor's appointment this week. That went alright. No fussing or arguing this time. Thank goodness for that.

I don't have much to say. I am thankful for life and for sunny days!

Quote of the Week. So my sister had a conversation with our Uncle Tweet. She said she only talked for him for about 5 minutes. He wanted to know how she was coping and getting along over in Dubai. And he talked about her about his military time in Korea many years ago, and how it changed him and made him see things differently. And he dropped some knowledge on her. She said it really helped her. She posted in on Facebook.

"Use this opportunity to set yourself free. This experience magnifies the good and the bad in people. Make sure you are working on you. Don't come back here in bondage to anyone or anything."

Now THAT's a great quote, chocked full of life lessons and instruction. 

I haven't had such a convo with Uncle Tweet. When I see him, I think FUN!!!, because when I was little, we use to go to Six Flags and go swimming. Just go EVERYWHERE! I don't think anyone wanted to do fun things with him. 

So when I see him and he walks in and says "Hey Lisa!"

I think FUN!!! Time to have FUN!!!

Oh wait, though. Tweet has given me some advice. 

When I was 17, he asked me how I was getting along in college (I started college when I was 16). I told him I was feeling it, and I was thinking about quitting and going into the army. 

*crickets*

Man, when I tell you he tore into my azz about that? WOW. Dude went OFF. And it didn't take long for him to say what he had to say. 

Let's just say that others had talked to me about it, and I was pretty much some 80% certain that I would drop out. I hated being at home (never much got along with mother like I could have), and I just wanted to leave. 

It was his tongue-lashing that had me staying put. 

And look at me now. I am Dr. LadyLee. And I have his admonishment to thank for it. 

So when my sister text me this morning saying how she'd been really reflecting on that, I said, Yes... I understand. 

Always good when you get the right word at the right time. Always. 

Song(s) of the Week. Sometimes when I am getting ready to leave home for work in the mornings, I will put on a song and say "by the time this song is over, I should be walking out of the house".

This morning, there was a song from Vesta Williams first CD, which happens to be one of my favorite CDs of all time. It came out when I was 16, and I have loved it every since, even some 30 years later. I want this CD, but it is a special collectors item, and I can't catch a bid right over on the ebay. Sigh. But I have it in my spotify. 

I ended up listening to 3 songs. 







And my favorite song of all time, my #1 song is this one!



When that song comes on, I tell you... I'm in Wonder Woman spin mode. I sang the WHOLE song. I know every note and inflection.  I don't care who is around.  You would think that I was on stage. 

It's my favorite song. Yep! 

That's it for me. Great weekend ahead! LadyTee graduates from college tomorrow! GLORY.

I have been proofreading her papers. That is over now. GLORY AGAIN. 

So my Saturday will be a good long one. And I am happy for that. 

You have a great weekend. On purpose.
 

3 comments:

  1. "The right word at the right time is like a custom-made piece of jewelry, And a wise friend’s timely reprimand is like a gold ring slipped on your finger" Prov 25:11 MSG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Green-Eyed Bandit9:10:00 AM

    I saw Kentucky's post on FB too. Your uncle had me sitting and pondering.

    We need to catch up. I miss my Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quote. I will be writing it down.

    I listen to Vesta's Hunger everyday on my daily playlist. Such an awesome singer.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!