I wasn't going to post today, but I thought I should. Why?
Because it is the last Tuesday of the year.
So why not have a Ten, no TWENTY Tuesday Thoughts?
And since the nighttime is the right time, this is The after dark edition.
1. This year has gone by in a flash, seems like. Maybe it's just me. Or maybe that means I need to watch and utilize my time better. I don't know.
2. I have been sickly all day. Way left of center sickly.
3. I had to go to work today even though I am off. I had to finish up a travel authorization with my secretary. We had a bad account number or something, I don't know. It was the last thing I needed to do before it went up for approval.
4. Didn't she know I was just kidding when I said last week (all bright and cheery), "B, feel free to call me when I'm off if you need me to come in and finish up this up next week." ?
She nodded and added my number to her list of contacts in her cell phone.
Again, didn't she know I was just kidding?
5. The phone chirped and I was in bed. It was around 8:15 am, and I'd just made a MAD dash to get all the trash out of the house to the herbie curbie and out to the road for pick-up. I'm talking MAD dash. I wore myself out so bad and so fast that I had to go lay down... under the covers... and doze off.
6. One of the sanitation workers is interesting. First of all, she's a woman. She is part of a two man crew lately. She drives the garbage truck AND jumps out and empties the trash. Here's the kicker: she is wearing make-up like she is about to go to the club (or to church), and she wears false eyelashes. And it's not that cheap makeup either. That has to be some MAC or something similar. It looks like she gets her face professionally done every morning before work, lol.
It's as if she is saying "I dump trash, but I can still look like a lady."
She's very nice. She does her job with cheer.
The way she jumps out of that truck, though. I would break my neck with such acrobatic moves.
7. It all reminded me of how I am SUCH a tomboy. Ugh. *looking for my cheap wal-mart lipstick*
8. So back to me going in to work on my off day: the phone chirped (like a bird... it unnerves people something awful, lol). I saw the message and hollered Say Whuuuuuuuuuutttt?????
9. I am proud of myself, though. I refused to have a major attitude. I got up, showered, got dressed and off to work I went. The traffic was nice and light and I made it to work in about 12 minutes.
10. I thought I would be there only 15-20 minutes. But I was there for an hour and a half. Sigh. My director was trying to get his travel done, too, and he refuses to travel in peasant mode (like me). I can't get mad, because he is in charge, so... *ladylee sits quietly at desk and plays on computer*
It was awfully quiet. And I got a chance to see a couple of my favorite people.
11. I started feeling bad. I had, like, some odd sinus headache. And the right side of my body was hurting.
12. You know what I forgot to do today? Take my medication. Sigh. That was why I was not feeling well. I had laid it out, but walked out of thee house without taking it. I figured it out once I went looking for some aspirin for my headache. Lo and behold, there were my pills. All laid out. I took them IMMEDIATELY around 5 pm. I didn't start feeling better until around 10:00 pm.
13. I went to the Farmers Market today. It was crowded. Not Saturday-morning crowded, but moreso, Sunday-afternoon quiet.
14. A couple of the youngsters on the job got promotions. One wanted a bag of my chocolate chip pecan cookies. Easy enough. I baked those up last week. The other wanted red velvet cupcakes from the ATL Cupcake Factory. I bought the cupcakes today. And I am still trying to figure out why there was SO much traffic in the middle of the day in Poncey Highlands. I had to fight to get those cupcakes!
15. I even managed to go wash my car today. Lucy Jr. looks brand spanking new.
Thank goodness, because she was absolutely filthy! I never seent so much dirt!!
16. I made appointments for the cats for their annual exams. The only real reason I did that is because I may need to board them. It is going to cost me some $600 for all shots and boarding for a week. O_O.
17. The youngsters at work offered to look in on the cats while I am gone. I may have to take them up on that. That would save me a little cash.
18. What I watched on TV tonight: The last two episodes of Orange is the New Black. This season was not as good as the last two seasons.
19. What I ate today: nothing, really, because I felt like crap. I managed to have some juice I had from the juice bar. And I had a cup of coffee at work, because I thought I was sleepy. And I have been drinking a ton of water. I had some pimento cheese on a few crackers an hour ago. I may have an apple before bed. I don't know.
20. Who would've thought that this would have turned into some bizarre semi-fast day? Go figure.
That's it for my TWENTY Tuesday thoughts... The After Dark edition.
Stay tuned for plenty more posts before the New Year (I hope).
Thoughts on a Friday - · I love Amazon. 2-day free shipping, music, movies, television. I needed burner covers for my stove. Normally, I would trek over to Tar-jay or W...
4 days ago