And how can I leave this year of 2015 behind without doing a Ten Thursday Thoughts.
Here we go:
1. I am sick of all this rain.
2. Worse yet, I don't know whether it's going to rain that day or not. It all feels so haphazard.
3. Nevertheless, in the midst of all my irritation, I always say a thank you... "Thank you Lord for watering the earth."
4. My sister said last night that she misses the rain. It only rains hard a couple of times a year in her new city. There has been some light rain, but she completely misses it, as it rains at night. She only knows it rained from the sand spots on the cars.
5. It rains so rarely there that there is no need for a drainage system. "Water be everywhere if it rain hard," she said. But it evaporates quickly.
6. I want to go see Star Wars today. But I want to see the IMAX 3D show. There was a 9:00 am showing this morning. I couldn't think to get up that early and go anywhere. The only way I would do that is if I am going to work, Sunday morning church, or to the doctor.
7. I have to make a run to the Wal-mart. I hope it's not shoulder to shoulder crowded.
8. I am thinking about my New Years dinner. I will not be doing the traditional collard greens and black eye pea dinner. I am thinking about making sauteed kale and sweet potatoes, and lentils. That's different.
9. I may also fry up so fish. I bought some croaker on last Thursday. It is in the fridge. I hope it's still fresh.
10. This has been a phenomenal year, and I have a couple of food-for thought posts coming later today.
That was a QUICK Ten Thursday Thoughts! Only took 8 minutes.
That is what I call fast. Do you realize how many posts I would get done if they took 8 minutes apiece? Wow.
This is the last day of the year.
Make it a GREAT one.