Friday, August 12, 2016

Friday Freestyles... The Payday Edition.

Friday!!!

And it's PAYDAY!!!

*ladylee cartwheels up and down the cubicle area*

YAY!

I am glad the week is over. But I am sad also. I dropped my sister off at the airport for her flight back to Dubai.

This is how I felt.


But only for about 10 seconds.

I'd been having small moments for the seven days prior to her leaving. I didn't cry, but there were moment where tears were threatening to well up and spew. But I held it down. I find these days that when I'm angry or sad, I immediately spend time giving thanks for the "good" of the situation. I find that doing that always eases my pain or anger.

And that's a good thing!

Nevertheless, she's gone. She left on Tuesday night. I texted her when I didn't hear from her by Thursday morning.

"You back yet?"

Her reply was "Yes, I am. I was trying to figure out how to use the data."

Ok... whatever that meant. I was just glad she was home.

My response was "Good. Post something on Facebook to let folks know you are back."

And she did. We were all wondering. I think she is jetlagged now, so I won't bother her 'til next week.

But it was so good to see my sister. I didn't spend that much time with her. But I'd see her most mornings and most evenings. I tried to make sure she got around and saw everyone she needed to see. And I encouraged her to get stuff done that she needed to get done. And we managed to go out to eat and go to the movies too. I was satisfied with the time spent. And I think she enjoyed her vacation. That's all I can ask for.

Olympics. Are you watching the Olympics? Talk about excitement!

Last night I watched the Simones do their thang!

Congrats Simone on your win!


Congrats Simone on being the first African-American to win a solo gold medal in swimming!


I wasn't paying that much attention to the events, as I was getting ready for bed. But I passed the TV and peered closely at the screen.

"Hey!!," I hollered. "That look like a black person out there swimming!! SWIM! GET IT, GIRL! SWIM!!!!!"

I almost flipped my tiny 15" flat screen TV over when she won!

Go ladies!

Song of the Week.
I've been caught up on that Mary J. Blige. The OLD Mary J. Blige. I have a playlist on Spotify with 30 of my favorite songs by her. I really like "Reminisce"



Oh how I love the "Old Mary". She and I are the same age, so her music was right up my alley some 25 years ago (has this song been out THAT long?) . I don't care for her recent music (the last 5 CDs or roundabouts). You  would think I would've grown with her.  Nope.  I keep replaying the early stuff.

That's so good that I just gotta post the remix!




*ladylee chair dancing SUPER hard*

I kick the hard WOP to that remix. I can have a party in my cubicle for real. All day!

LOL!!

That's it for me, ya'll. I'm looking forward to the weekend. I have a writing group/workshop WAAAAAY out on the far eastside of the metro ATL.

It's a shame that I have to get my head straight to drive 40 something miles way out there.  But I know one thing is true:

I am a writer.


All day.  Every day. So if  there's somewhere I can get to get some knowledge... I am there. Gas the  car up and let's GO!

So I make the drive.  Happily.

Other than that, my weekend is wide open.  I can't wait to see what comes of it.

You have a great weekend.

On purpose.

2 comments:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!